CHAPTER FIFTY THREE

Zara

School.

School, school, school. The last place I want to be right now. Maybe it's because of the miserable weather in late February but it's nothing too bad. Except the coat I'm wearing not being warm enough which just makes things worse.

I got myself grounded for getting fucked by Noa last night, which means no car for me until next week. My parents aren't so happy with the fact we never told them and how I came home at "god knows what time" which was actually two in the morning.

So here I am, walking to school in freezing cold weather, rain pouring down and messing up my hair. There are only certain situations where I don't mind my hair being a mess. Well, a certain situation.

You may wonder why I didn't call Noa to give me a ride. I got my phone taken off me also, probably because they found messages Juliette and I shared which I find quite funny. They were on the lines of sex, relationships, and what went on that night in a short explanation as to why I couldn't respond.

It takes a while to get to school, but I somehow manage to be early so I am impressed. Water soaks my hair, messing it up along with my bag being drenched but my clothes dry.

"Zara! You look so miserable." Juliette laughs and I roll my eyes at her and sit under the roof-covered area and rest my chin on my knees as I pull them up to my chest, "You got your car and phone taken off you, poor girl."

"Shut up." I roll my eyes and she laughs whilst sitting next to me, "It's fucking freezing."

"You're wearing a coat with no hood, it looks warm, come on." She groans and I scoff and shake my head, clearly shivering in the process, "What's that?"

She took my hand and looks closer, I also look and find myself smiling.

"Are those nail marks?!" She gasps and I hum while pulling my hand back away, "How?"

"A hand squeezing mine, nails into my skin." I shrug and she raised a brow, "Last night."

"Oh!" She smirks and I laugh whilst taking her brush and start brushing my hair, "Look who's here!"

I look over at the car pulling up, it is Karen's car, but Noa walks out of it with her best friend. Her smile fades once she sees the rain pouring and then once she sees me, her smile appears once again.

She rushes over to me and I smile once her arms are around me and I pull her in closer and take in the familiar scent.

"She's grounded, no car and no phone," Juliette informs and the girl nods as her grip around me increases which makes me smile.

"Fuck I missed you." She whispers and my lips rise into a smile, "I have a performance tonight, the game is on and we are outside, it's fucking raining."

"You will be okay, the rain will stop don't worry," I answer and she hums and looks at me with a smile wide on her face.

My whole stomach and heart explode.

The girl wipes the dripping water from my face that comes from my hair and I let out a sigh. She rests her hand on my jaw and gently rubs my cheek with my thumb.

"You're so beautiful, my love." Her voice comes out quietly, but she still smiles as she speaks and I watch her cheeks turn a light colour of red, "So so beautiful."

"She's so in love." I overhear Karen whisper and her hand falls from my face, "It's just the way she looks at her. She is so in love."

"Oh my god shut up!" Daisy whispers and I roll my eyes and watch as the girl walks over to Karen and whispers something to her.

Minutes later, the bell rang which meant we have to get to our first lesson. It's a free period for us all since the match that the boys are playing is on, which also means Noa is performing.

"Nobody come into the changing rooms, she's going to be having a panic attack about what will happen in this performance right now." Karen sighs as she walks off with Noa and the cheer team. She spoke quietly so only us lot could hear but it made me laugh and I still follow.

"Let me go, I want to talk to Zara." Noa whines before slipping away from her best friend's grip and walks back to me with a grin on her face, "Are you watching?"

"Stop asking stupid questions, Carter. Of course, I am watching, I wouldn't miss one of your dances for the world." I smile and she blushes as the smile rises on her face, "Can I come in whilst you change?"

"Stop asking stupid questions." She smirks and I laugh which makes her laugh.

"Copying my phrases I see?" I raise a brow and she playfully pushes me to the side straight into the door of the changing rooms.

We all head inside the changing rooms, I let her get changed and the lot which took a few minutes, ten to be exact.

She looks so amazing in her cheer uniform, I watch as she pulls her hair back into a ponytail and I can't help but grin from the side.

Noa looks over at me and shoots me a glare, I swear she can read my mind.

"So, Zara. How was ballet yesterday?" Thalia questions whilst she sprays her hair with hairspray. I look over at the girl, completely unknown to how she knows I had ballet yesterday.

"It was good thank you. Noa took part once again." I admit and her head turns over to the girl who was fixing up her makeup in the mirror.

"Don't say anything, I have my moments," Noa warns and the girl hums with a light laugh.

I walk over to Noa who is by the mirror which is separated from the changing area by a wall, also the toilets are here which explains the mirror.

My hands meet her waist, moving them forward till my arms are wrapped around her waist and my head rests on her shoulder.

"Nervous?" I whisper and she nods slowly as her face darkens, "I'm talking about the cheer."

"Still a yes." She turns her head to me and smiles, her eyes looking into mine for a few seconds. It was a short period of time, but it still managed to erupt my stomach with butterflies and my heart to flutter in my chest.

Her eyes then fall down to my lips, her tongue lightly runs over her lower lip and then her eyes meet mine once again. But this time her eyes were quickly going back down to my lips.

The gap between us closed in a matter of seconds, the tension between us was heavy and soon enough, her hand was on my neck and she was pulling me in.

Her body turns so she's pressed against me as her lips press against my own. She tastes like strawberries and god do I love strawberries now. Her body presses harder against mine, but she was also being aware of the possibility of ruining her clothes.

Soon enough, her tongue runs over my lower lip asking for them to be parted, once I part them, her tongue was sliding into my mouth and she was getting lifted onto the counter that was newly cleaned so she wouldn't be fussed about it.

In my chest, my heart raced. In my mind, I truthfully can't think of anything because she somehow blows my mind away. In my stomach though, gosh there are fireworks, a dozen of butterflies along with many other feelings dancing around in there.

"Stop making out we have a dance to get to." Karen sighs from the doorway, Noa pulls away with a sigh. Her chest rises and falls quite quickly and then she looks over to her best friend.

"Five minutes."

"Whatever, don't mess up your hair and outfit, your lips are already a mess." She giggles and Noa sticks her middle finger up at her as she leans back into me, kissing me once again, "God I miss Juliette."

I don't think Noa gives a shit right now, she's too busy exchanging the most unholy words through actions right now and I am not complaining.