CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

Noa

"How could I not see the signs?" My head falls into my hands and the tears fall down my cheeks with my back against the door.

Midnight passed an hour ago, the tears have been falling for a few hours along with the ache in my chest and I pull myself to my feet and grab my jacket, leaving my phone behind.

I open up my window and climb out of it onto the pipe and then turn to close the window behind me. Once it closed, I climb down and look over in the direction of where she lives. It's going to take a while.

After an hour of walking, running and crying, I arrive at the front door but decided not to know or anything. I go around the side of her house, climb up the tree and open up her window and climb inside.

She's somehow awake with her lamp on and she has a notebook in front of her with a pencil in her hand. I climb from the window and she looks at me and she quickly puts the notebook and pencil aside.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asks as I walk over to her and the tears continue to fall, "Noa, talk to me. What's wrong?"

I look at her and shake my head, she sits me down on her bed and wraps an arm around me but I lean away.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask as I look at her, she looks very confused as she sits looking at me, "You give me all the signs and I didn't even see them. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I don't know what you are talking about, I'm sorry." She messes with her fingers on her lap and she's anxious, "Please explain."

"You love me." I whisper and she takes in a deep breath, "But you never told me."

"Leave." She sighs and spoke in a quiet voice. I nod and stand up as more tears fall down my cheeks.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask, her eyes meet mine for a brief second and she shakes her head.

"Please leave." Her voice breaks and my heart breaks also and I go over to her window and she watches me climb out.

"I love you."

But I was already gone.

~~~

Zara

I panicked and I told her to leave, of course, I love her, I told her but she was already down the tree. After a few minutes, I fall back in my bed and grab my phone.

Hey, I'm sorry
We can talk tomorrow
Sleep well, Carter

The tears fall down my face as I regret everything I said. So I do the first thing that comes to mind, I run downstairs, put on my slippers and unlock the door even though it's two am. My eyes scan the street and there's the silhouette of her walking with her head low but she's in the far distance.

So I close the door and run, I run as fast as I can as the tears fall once again. My legs ache by the time I reach her, I grab her arm and turn her to face me, she's a crying mess right now.

"You told me to leave, so I'm doing so." She mumbles and I wipe her tears.

"Don't go, please don't go I need you back," I beg and she nods. It's freezing right now, the cold breeze and I'm dressed in a shirt and some pants.

There's silence until I hook my finger under her chin and pull her lips to mine. She kisses me softly and I kiss her back, feeling her lips against mine after a few days lighting something inside of me.

My stomach sparks with fireworks as she pulls me closer with her arms around my neck. Her hands are shaking and I hold onto her hands and she's suddenly crying again.

"I love you, Zara." She looks at me and the stars light up the sky and it's back to where we were, the night outside and I smile.

My stomach flutters and I feel my heart racing and she wipes my tears as I wipe hers.

"I love you." I whisper and she kisses me once again, "I've been wanting to tell you that since you returned, I realised it when you were in Paris, I'm in love with you, Noa. I always have been"

She's then crying all over again and I hold her tightly as I walk her back to my home.

"What about my parents?" She whispers and I place my fingers on her lips.

"I will sort it out, you need your sleep," I say and she nods and we soon reach my home and I take her upstairs and into my bedroom. I carefully put her into bed, take off her shoes and change her into some pyjamas but pause when I'm about to remove her clothes, "Can I?"

She nods and I take off her shirt, bra and pants and my eyes were on her breasts for a few seconds, my cheeks heating up in the process. I quickly go over to my wardrobe to pick out a shirt and then I go back to the girl who's lying in my bed.

I pull the shirt over her head and then climb in beside her, she rolls over and wraps her arms around me, pulling me in closer and I smile and kiss the top of her head.

"Sleep well, Blondie." She whispers, half awake which makes her voice very quiet and her yawning too.

"Good night, Carter," I whisper back and hold her close to me and fall asleep with her.

I've noticed I get the best sleep when she's in the bed with me, we should have sleepovers every night and let her move into my room so I get the best sleep always.

It's an amazing idea if you ask me.