CHAPTER TEN

Zara

Two games in one week, so here I am sitting in the crowd of one of the football matches. I'm sitting beside Juliette who isn't actually here at the moment, she has gone to get some food. The game started around forty-five minutes ago so right now it's the half-time break.

My eyes met Caden's who is currently running across the pitch over to the side I am sitting on. He runs up the stairs even though I am in the front row and then he smiles and kisses me quickly.

"Caden bro, come help us out!" One of his teammates shouts, he whispered an apology before heading back towards the others.

Juliette returns five minutes later carrying two hot dogs in one hand and two drinks in the other. She gave them to me and I thank her as I watch her look at the cheer team. A certain spark lights up in her eyes, her lips curve into a smile and her cheeks darken, in seconds she looks away. She got caught.

"Get over it, if you want to make a move go make one." I say and I watch as her face turns bright red, "I'll help you out if needed."

"How do I get Noa's attention so then this will work?" She questions and I chuckle, she is trying her best and I love it, she's been like this for a while now and I enjoy watching her.

She is very confused about her feelings right now, a few months ago she was all over Noa and I am sure the feelings are still there but she refuses to admit it. And now she wants to get Noa's attention to hopefully become friends with her, and then she will ask her for advice for Karen. I honestly don't see why she can't just go up to the girl herself.

"I will help you with Noa if you help me." She looks at me and I raise a brow, "Do not act like I don't see you watching her. You are with her brother and you don't even feel attracted to him, you aren't even attracted to males anyway. So don't act like I can't see."

"Oh please, shut up." I roll my eyes at her with a small laugh, "I will tell her you want to spend some time with her."

"Thank you, I will pay you back." She smiles before I stand up and walk down from the bleachers. Juliette isn't the one to make the first move, she never has been actually.

For example, six years ago she had a huge crush on this girl, she spent over a year loving her from a distance until she was begging for me to help her out. I ended up giving her a letter that Juliette wrote for her and just giving it to her at the end of the school day. She showed up on her door with handpicked flowers from her garden and some chocolate. They dated for five months, and when they broke up Juliette was left heartbroken.

While approaching the girls my eyes land on Noa. I can't lie I only hated her because of how the breakup made me, I've tried to move on, I have hooked up with a few people and tried to fall in love but it didn't work, that's why it's been a while since my last relationship.

"Noa." I call out and the brunette looks over at me and then walks over, "Could you do me a favour?"

"Depends what it is." She raises a brow at me, she looks a little out of breath.

"Could you see if Karen is available tomorrow night, it's for Juliette?" I question and she smiles for a split second and then looks over her shoulder at her best friend who is drinking a bottle of water.

"I will see." She answers and I hum and then there's a few seconds of silence and as she expects me to turn around and leave, I chuckle.

"You didn't fail on your moves today, well done." I laugh and her cheeks flush a darker colour whilst she nods. When she missed her move in the last match, it was obvious, the way her expression fell for a brief second but I've seen it at times when we were together. It made me laugh.

"You didn't see that because it was one mistake, but thank you." She smiles and I smile as our eyes lock. There was an old feeling in my stomach, before things could carry on or the gaze lasted a little too long, I turn away.

"See you tomorrow Noa, text me a reply," I say before walking away and she hums as we both walk away from each other.

I return to Juliette who looks at me with suspicion and wonder.

"She will ask, and shut up don't say a word." I quickly say before the girl could ask anything. I watch her smile and it made me smile back, "Anyway, let me finish the food and drinks, I'm hungry."

I take the hot dog from her and take a bite as I sit back down, just in time for the game to restart. Before it begins, Caden looks over at me and smiles, I smile back whilst feeling a pair of eyes on me.

"She's watching you." Juliette whispers and I hum as the game starts