CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR

Zara

This time it's happening in the hall, students are filling the bleachers from the sides. I sit next to Juliette, a few rows from the front but it gives us a perfect view of everyone.

A whistle blows loudly throughout the room, all eyes move towards the boys who walk out onto the pitch, going up to their girlfriends who stand at the side and kiss them. Karen was too busy staring at Juliette, basically eye fucking each other. Noa is nowhere in sight but after a few minutes, she walks out drinking a bottle of water.

The girls quickly group around her and I look over at Juliette who is grabbing me a hotdog already. I roll my eyes before turning back towards the others who are doing their thing.

And then the whistle goes off once again, the girls separate into their starting positions. I watch as Noa starts waving her hips in sync with the rest whilst the boys start the game.

She waves her hips and shakes her pom poms whilst doing the most attractive dances. Seems like they are going for attention today? They swerve around, dipping down and rising back up, spin around, and somehow make it look so amazingly elegant.

I wonder if Noa knows guys are looking at her with a smirk on their faces and a stick in their pants. Absolute freaks.

"I got the food," Juliette says as she returns and I smile and take it before going back to Noa. My eyes can not leave her and I am not complaining, "Holy fuck."

She saw Karen.

"Jesus." She mumbled, her cheeks darkening as she takes a seat and I laugh at her, "You're the one staring at Noa, you can't say shit."

"Go on girls!" People cheer and we cheer as they start to create the pyramid.

The boys scored a goal, everyone cheered and clapped as they stand up to do so. One goal, we will win against the others, we all know it.

My eyes stay on the brunette who was climbing up to the top of the pyramid, I watch her take a deep breath as she stands at the top. Her eyes meet mine, her lips rise to a smile and I return the smile.

"Go on Noa! Woo!" Juliette screams and the girl laughs from what it looks like. Juliette is the one clapping and it's putting pressure on her I bet, she looks absolutely terrified.

"Shut up don't stress her." I nudge the girl who immediately stops and after Vivian and Scarlett do some dances, cartwheels, jumps, and more.

They throw the girl up into the air, she does a spin and everyone cheers. She falls back down, but then there's a gasp, quite a loud gasp also.

"What happened?" Juliette asks and all eyes are on the cheer team. Thalia was laying on the floor of the gymnasium, and so was... Noa.

My heart drops in my chest at the sight.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." I curse and without thinking run down to the scene.

"Thalia passed out, we can't carry someone with just two, she slipped when we tried to catch her," Esme explains and I push past them to the girl who is laying down.

"Noa, hey Noa. Open your eyes for me." I whisper as I fall to my knees and move hair out of her face. The game has stopped, the boys are running over and there's already someone carrying Thalia to the medical room, "Noa, Noa open your eyes."