CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

Noa

"Emmeline is here, with important news," Camille told me as she looks through my door, I close the laptop and climb from the bed and follow my grandmother down the stairs.

My stay here extended to another two months, it's an amazing city but I want to go home.

I reach the cafe in no time, and the light brown haired is sitting in her usual space, on the right by the window, first table in. Already with her mango and pineapple smoothie.

"Oh my gosh! Finally!" She gasps and I take a seat in front of her, "I'm leaving to go to London today."

Everything inside of me stops.

"What?" I ask and she repeats what she said, "Why?"

"My cousin is performing like...today. And I need to go watch her." She answers and my heart pauses.

I quickly take my phone from my pocket and look at the date.

January 8th.

Swan Lake. Today. Shit.

"Wait, who's your cousin?" I ask and she smiles and pulls out her phone.

"She's called Daisy." She says and I smile and she shows me a picture, zoomed in on the ginger who I haven't spoken to in forever, "She's so excited."

"May I borrow your phone?" I ask and she nods and slides it over to me, I move the photo till it lands on one person in particular. My favourite Blondie.

I can't help but feel sorry. She looks so... sad.

"That's Zara, she's like Daisy's best friend she would talk about her a lot." She says and I hum, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I answer and she nods slowly, "Could you call her?"

"I mean, I am due a call today so I don't see why not." She smiles and I nod with a smile as I take her with her drink out of the cafe and into the quiet seating area in the back.

She calls the girl, it rings a few times and while it rings I look at the girl.

"Tell her Carter said hi," I say and she gives me a questioning look but nods as her cousin answers.

"Emmeline! Hey, you're calling early it's nine in the morning." Daisy's voice came in and I felt my body light up. Someone from home, finally.

"I am in a cafe actually, I needed my morning smoothie." The girl laughs and the ginger laughs also, "I have a message from a friend too."

"And what is that message?" The girl on the other line asks.

"Carter says hi." Emmeline repeats what I told her to say and then there's a pause and we both sit waiting, "Hello?"

"What did you say?" Daisy questions and I smile.

"Carter says hi." The light brown-haired girl repeats once again and then there's a gasp, "What's the matter?"

"Are you alone right now?" Daisy asked and Emmeline gave me a questioning look, I shrug my shoulders.

"No, why are you asking?" She asks and then there's another gasp, "Daisy what is going on?"

There's silence, a shuffle, and then the sound of running and a door slamming shut.

"So I'm guessing the person who told you to say that is there. So if this is who I think it is, please let me know by saying something only Carter would know." Daisy asks in a whisper and I take the phone and begin typing a message.

The practice of pointe shoes on the stage during rehearsal, everyone was somehow shocked, Zara invited me after saying she needed an audience and you told me she talks about me a lot.

There's silence as she reads and then I return the phone.

"No fucking way." Daisy gasps and Emmeline raises a brow, "Em, so you know how I told you that Zara has this obsession with a girl and she's like crazy upset because she hasn't seen her or talked to her for ages?"

"Yes? Is that Noa then?" Emmeline asks and there's a small laugh.

"Are you two friends? And you didn't tell me you were friends with someone who we all miss so dearly?! You're telling me I could've spoken to someone who could calm down a whole ballet team if she said something?!" Daisy gasps and Emmeline laughs.

"We've been friends for the past four months, Daisy you have to keep this secret you can not tell a single person you know about this," I say and there's a quiet squeal.

"Holy fuck! Noa! Oh my gosh! Your girl is losing her brain here she desperately doesn't want to do the show because you won't be watching." Daisy explains and I sigh.

"Tell her that if she doesn't do it then she's going to miss on a huge opportunity," I say and the girl hums.

"You're her girlfriend?!" Emmeline gasps and I look at her, "Wait, not official girlfriend my bad, I thought the Zara you were talking about was completely different. Hey Daisy, keep this quiet we have to go!"

The two say their goodbyes and then Emmeline grabs my hand and drags me upstairs.

"You are so fucking lucky I got an extra ticket because I hear about how desperately you want to go home. Pack your bags, we are going to London and watching this performance. It's about time you reunite with your friends and most importantly, Zara if she's losing her mind."