CHAPTER SIX

Noa

Everyone sits across the dining table with a plate of sandwiches (ranging from cheese to roast beef) in the middle. I sit beside my mum who sits beside my dad, and Caden and Zara sit across from us.

"So, I see you are back at the family dining table. What took so long?" Our mother asks Zara and Caden looks at me and smiles, I roll my eyes.

"I'm afraid none of your children had the guts to invite me over, I would've come sooner if I was invited." Zara smiles and her words caught me by surprise.

'None of your children' is her saying that Caden didn't, she will gladly murder me if she could. If I invited her she would've laughed in my face and walked off, it's only because she's at the house.

"It's good to see you again." Dorian (my father) smiles and Zara smiles back.

"I've missed this." She admits and I roll my eyes which caused my mum to nudge me under the table, "These sandwiches are amazing Mrs Carter."

"Thank you, call me Naomi, dear." My mother looks at the girl in complete adoration, my parents have always loved her. I mean she is sweet, kind, has the softest heart, and just Zara. All parents would love her. Plus she has good grades and is behaved in school, which means she has my father's approval.

We all eat in silence, I glance at Zara a few times just for me to blush and causes my brother to glare at me. It's not my fault his date is pretty.

"So Zara, how is your love life?" Dorian questions and the blonde swallows her food politely and then looks at the man, "I heard you are on a date with my son."

"Yes I am, he's a really sweet guy and we get along well." She responds and I feel my heart drop into my stomach, "I see a future with him."

My brother smirked and the smile fades from my face it feels like she took my heart and tore it in half and then returned it to me.

"I'm glad, you deserve one other." He smiles and the girl and my brother both smile.

"I see a future with him."

The words repeat in my head and suddenly I'm not so hungry anymore, suddenly I feel like I'm going to throw up. The feeling rises and rises, and the words repeat and repeat until it I feel the sick rise in my throat.

"Excuse me," I mutter before pushing my chair back and quickly going to the bathroom and leaning over the toilet as I throw up.

This happens for six minutes.

Once I no longer feel the sickness, well until it's not that strong, I wipe my face with a tissue and clean up the evidence before flushing the toilet with the tissue along with it.

I lean against the wall and take my phone. I click on Karen's contact and send her a message.

Please come pick me up I need a break from everything, I'll tell you when I see you if you're coming.

I send the message and lean my head back so it presses against the wall as I take a deep breath and drink some water. It didn't take long for my phone to vibrate with a reply.

I'll be there in 20 minutes.

A wave of relief passes through me, thank god I can get out of here.

Thank you

Of course, get changed out of your shorts it's a little cold outside

I will do.

See you soon x

I slide my phone back into the cardigan pocket and then take a deep breath and steady myself to go back out to the others.

I have no choice but to accept this, my brother is happy so I have to be. He's liked her for a while, I've loved her since I first met her and he knows this. It's just knowing she's moved on and I haven't, that she's moved onto my brother and I have to watch and hear all of this.

All I wish is for her to love me instead of him. But that can't happen, not anymore.

I stand up and leave the bathroom and take a seat beside my mum once again. She gives me a concerned look so I give her a small smile to reassure her.

"We were just speaking about the match today." My father informs and I hum and my eyes drift to Zara.

She's dressed in a shirt with some joggers on too. She wears comfy clothes but manages to impress the whole family. The shirt she's wearing used to belong to me, I gave it to her for her to keep and she said it was her favourite and she will keep it until she grows old and pass it to her children if she ever has any. I think she forgot about that though.

Her face is so effortlessly beautiful. Yes, she has makeup on, but not much. She's applied lipgloss to her lips, and now looking at them makes me remember how they feel against mine. Just the thought makes my stomach flutter.

Blonde strands of hair hang loosely in front of her face, the rest has been tucked behind her ear and shoulders but a few strands have fallen forward and god is it attractive.

She looks so beautiful.

"Who's up for dessert?" My mum's voice brought my eyes away from the blonde. We all agree apart from me, "Noa?"

"I don't mind, I'm not so hungry to be fair." I look at the woman who just nods and stands up from her chair, I take the plate of sandwiches and head into the kitchen with her.

"What's the matter?" She asks and I raise a brow, "Don't play all clueless on me now, you smell like you've just been sick and now you are refusing a dessert? That's not like you Noa."

"I was sick, I threw up in the bathroom and now I'm not hungry." I shrug and she holds onto my arms and looks at me worriedly, "Seeing them together, hearing what she said, it just made me feel...you know."

"I'm sorry, dear. You need to move on it will be easier but I know it's difficult too. Just don't let what is said get to you, it will be okay. Here, have some spray." She gave me a small bottle of spray which I spray across myself and it smells amazing. Like roses.

"Thank you." I put on a smile but she sees right through me and kisses my forehead.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, I quickly get it out and let out a sigh of relief.

Karen: I hope you don't mind that I'm early the traffic wasn't as bad. I'm outside.