CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

Noa

When she came onto the stage for the first time, my heart stopped. When she danced, it burst. When she danced for even longer, I felt the butterflies. When I saw her smile even if it was fake, I smiled too.

And now the show is ending, it was incredible, everyone did everything perfectly and the curtains are closing, everyone is on their feet clapping.

My eyes caught with one woman's in particular. Loren. She looks at me for a few seconds as the lights turn on and then she smiled widely.

"If you would like to come meet any dances, they will be backstage." The trainer lady announced ten minutes later and Emmeline grabbed my hand and Juliette and Karen followed right behind.

"No excuses you are seeing her now," Emmeline says as she then speaks to the other girls. The three became best friends from the time it took to get up from the seats and reach the door backstage.

There are many people, like twenty and all of the girls are lined up, some are having a drink after all it ended fifteen minutes ago so they will be tired.

We join the line, the girls smile and everything. Firstly, we reach one of the girls who I do not know her name, she looks at me and smiles quite wide. The next girl did the sale. And the next. And the next. And the next five girls do.

We reach Daisy she looks at me and her mouth dropped, she wraps her arms around me and hugs me tightly.

"You idiot gave me a little sign I thought it was a joke." She whispers and I chuckle and hug her back, "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too, and you know me, I always like to keep a promise." I smile and she smiles as she goes to hug her cousin.

"Thank you for taking care of her." She whispers and the girls share a small conversation and I take a cup of water and down it very quickly, Karen just laughs.

I stick my middle finger up at her as we go through all the rest of the dancers, congratulating them and everything. And then we reach the black swan who smiled widely at me and we congratulate her, she thanks us. There's one more person, and my heart is going crazy.

"I'm not ready." I say quietly to my best friend who just rolls her eyes at me and we continue walking even though there are around ten people ahead, "Oh my god I need water."

The black swan gave me some water and I thank her and drink it very quickly and I place it back down as I take a deep breath and watch five people walk out. Five more enter. And then they leave five minutes later. One enters and leaves moments later. Three enter and leave five minutes later.

One more in front of me.

"Good luck!" The girls whisper to me as the person ahead of me walks in and I feel the tears burning my eyes already. I'm about to see her after four months.

She's behind a curtain, a whole separate room, the room where we did the stretches and my heart is going crazy.

The person leaves minutes later, and the girls give me a thumbs up, like all of the ballerinas give me thumbs up along with my parents and even Zara's parents.

I walk through the curtain and all the sadness washes the second I lay eyes on the girl who is drinking water. My heart skips a beat and I almost cry right there and then.

"Hey, Blondie." I smile and she looks at me and there's silence.

"Hey, Carter." She smiles ridiculously wide and I can't help but smile.

"Need help with stretches?" I ask as the tears burn my eyes and she laughs and I watch as they roll down her face.

"You have five minutes." She whispers and I sigh, "Come here oh my gosh."