CHAPTER FOUR

Noa

"Yes, just like that." I watch as Quinn demonstrates the dance to the rest of the girls and so far it is looking good, "We can just change the last move so it finishes well."

"Of course, how about a toe touch and then land in a touchdown?" She suggests and I nod as I watch her hand out the sheets of paper with the routine on and I waved a gesture to tell them to go practice and they do as I say.

The game starts in half an hour and my brother wants to meet ten minutes before the it starts. And then knowing all of these girls, they would like to go wish their boyfriends good luck before they start.

While approaching the other girls who are stretching and joining in, five minutes later we are having a quick practice. We've trained earlier and rehearsed it all for weeks now to the smallest detail, it's all we do after school so we know what we should be doing. It's just the end that's changed and it's something we've all done before.

~~~

"I need advice, you know her well, how do I impress Zara tonight?" He asks and I feel my heart drop into my stomach.

"Zara? My ex? She is the one you are going on a date with?" I ask and I watch as he smiles and nods, "Caden you know how I feel about her."

"You guys broke up ages ago, I've liked her since you guys broke up just tell me what to do to impress her." He crossed his arms over his chest and he was blushing as he spoke.

My heart shatters in my chest at his words and I take a deep breath and glance at the girls who are talking to their boyfriends, I had no help.

She's the one he's going on a date with.

That's the reason he texted her.

"Just be yourself." I answer and he smiles and throws his arm over my shoulders and I roll my eyes, "Get off me."

"What's the matter?" He questions and I scoff, "Move on, she has."

I throw his arm off me and walk back over to where we stand and I grab my water and drink it as I feel sadness and shock flush through me.

Just forget. Just forget it all.

I close my eyes and repeat the words in my head over and over again. When I open them again I blow out a steady breath before taking another sip of the drink and then put it back down.

Five minutes pass quickly, I just start my stretches and the others came along moments later.

"Things seemed tense between you two, is everything okay?" Karen whispers and I nod, "Whatever you say."

"Just get this game done." I sigh and all seven girls agree.

There's me, Karen who is the co-captain, Quinn who creates most routines. Blair is the front base for when I do stunts, Esme is the side base, Thalia is the back base and the three keep solid ground. Vivian who is the entertainer and Scarlett who is also the entertainer, these two do other actions on either side of us so we aren't just a pyramid in the centre.

"We've got this, okay? Don't stress." I say, mainly speaking to Scarlett who gets quite nervous every match but in the end, it's all okay.

I feel the coach stare at us and it made me feel insanely uncomfortable but it happens all the time, she just wants us to do our best and so do I.

"Let's do this." I smile and we all wish each other before the whistle filled our ears and the beat of the music started.

We break apart, falling into our positions as we do our chant and then the music took control and my mind focused on what we are supposed to be doing and the aim is to get everything done well without messing up.

Vivian and Scarlett do their round-offs and backhand springs while we do our pose and wait for them to finish. We soon all join back together forming a line, me in the centre, Quinn and Karen beside me, and the rest evenly beside them.

We follow everything on point and the throw was coming up close, we always get it right, always. The boys are playing their game and my eyes scan the large crowd until they land on one person as Blair and Esme lift me up.

My mind went blank, I don't know what happened but her eyes met mine as I was thrown into the air and I panic.

"Shit," I whisper as I quickly make up a move to distract myself and save us all from this embarrassment. We all saw the failure, I even watch Zara smirk and then her eyes were on my brother and she was ignored me.

My eyes then went to the coach, she looked pissed so I take in a deep breath and follow on with the routine. I did just mess this up, in front of the school but they didn't know that, only us girls know and coach, we will be okay.

Minutes later we came to a finish, people cheered and clapped and I was out of breath. We stay in touchdown for a few seconds till we finish and I go straight to the bench and drink water.

"What the hell happened?!" Coach asked as she came over and I sigh, "You got completely distracted up there!"

"I'm sorry, I thought I saw something." I apologise and she pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration.

"You received it well, congratulations on that." She gave me a redeeming smile which made me smile too, just slightly though.

When the woman left to go sit on the side, Quinn glared at me. Her arms crossed against her chest, her eyebrows furrowed and I'm sure if it's possible steam would be coming from her ears.

"You messed up our routine, what the fuck?!" She groans and I roll my eyes.

"I got distracted." I admit and Karen chuckled, "I saw something and it caught me by surprise, I messed up on the moves since my mind went blank and then it all happened."

"Go easy on her, I wasn't expecting her to be here either." Karen put a hand on Quinn's shoulder and the brunette walked off with her water just over to a quieter area, Scarlett followed.

"You knew she was here?" I look at Karen who shook her head in response, that was a lie.

"I only found out when we were already starting, she doesn't even come to the matches so it was a shock to me too." She confesses as she took a seat beside me and rests a hand on my shoulder, "We did well, don't worry about it."

"Thank you, Karen." I smile and she smiles and passed me her bottle of water since mine was already running out, I drank most of it before so it makes sense.

"Hey look Zara is here!" Blair pointed out and she looks so proud for spotting her, Karen just laughs and I chuckle, "You guys already saw her?"

"Yes, it's good to know you've already spotted her though." Karen smiles and the girl smiles back and fixes up her hair.