CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Noa

The performance was amazing to say it was a practice, they are going to do well when it's the actual show. People are on their feet clapping as they do their curtain call, they really are going all out and it makes me smile.

Zara and the girl who plays the black swan walk down and people cheer and clap as the two curtsy, one after another and everyone is cheering.

We all clap as everyone does one last curtsy before the curtain falls. Moments pass before the trainer steps out from behind the curtain with a microphone.

"Tickets are available online for the show next year, July. I hope you enjoyed it." She spoke and everyone claps and then she leaves. The lights turn on and I look at Juliette who is on her phone sending photos of Zara during the performance to her.

"How many did you take?" I ask and she laughs.

"Around thirty." She answers and I laugh and fifteen minutes later the girls are walking out of the door in their usual clothes with a bag over their shoulder. Everyone goes to their families, Daisy smiles at me as she walks to her parents who congratulate and praise her.

Zara came over to us, her parents pulled her into a hug and she has a huge smile on her face.

"Well done! You did amazing!" Rosalie looks at the girl with a smile wide on her face and Zara thanks her as she pulled away from her parents.

"There's sandwiches at the back if anyone is hungry." Zara reminds and the three women rush to the back. They love food.

Malcom disappeared to the bathroom and Juliette has gone with her parents for food so it's just me and Zara once again.

She wasted no time because in seconds she had her arms around me and holding onto me tightly.

"You were amazing," I whisper and she smiles.

"Thank you, I did pull a muscle so that wasn't the best, I messed up a few things also." She starts to say and I already know she will come up with a long list so I pull away from the hug and look at her.

"Zara, you were amazing, everyone will agree." I smile and she smiles and rests her forehead against mine.

"Shall we sneak out?" She whispers and I shake my head with a small laugh, "You're boring."

"Says you, I missed a cheer practice for you once again, I'm so dead," I admit and she looks at me quickly.

"You need to go! She's going to kick you off the team that's two now!" The blonde gasps and I shake my head.

"They need me, we are doing amazing anyway so everything is okay we will train tomorrow like usual." I say and she sighs and her fingers brush against mine, "Trust me, Blondie."

"I trust you, we should get going everyone is already leaving." She says and I hum in agreement as we both stand up from the chairs and walk over to the exit until someone stops us.

"You did amazing Zara!" A brunette girl smiles, she was one of the girls who performed and she's looking at her like she's going to take her in the bathroom.

"Thank you, so did you." She smiles back and the girl stood there awkwardly, "I have somewhere to be, I'll see you later."

The two of us walk outside of the building and down a few steps.

"I'll meet you at your house," I say as we reach the car park and I look over at my car.

"I will be in the shower most likely when you arrive, drive safely." She informs and I quickly go to my car and sit in the driver's seat as I smile.

I turn on the engine and the music plays quietly from the radio, I reverse out of the parking space minutes later and then drive out of the car park.

After around fifteen minutes, I arrived at their house and parked outside. I climb out of the car and head up to the front door and knock on the door. Loren opens it up after a few seconds and then she smiles.

I was invited inside, I step in and hear the sound of the shower running upstairs. She was correct.

"What's going on between you two?" Loren asks as she walks up a few steps to the living room and I follow her.

"We've kissed twice, we haven't spoken about it," I answer and she smiles over at me as I take a seat on the sofa.

"She likes you, Noa. She never stopped but please don't do what your brother did." She brought up and I shake my head, "You're my favourite ex of hers."

"Thank you, I promise you I'm not like my brother you know this. I actually never stopped loving her, I just thought she hated me." I admit and she chuckles at me.

In the corner of my eye, I see Malcom walking over to us, he takes a seat on a separate chair and laughs.

"She came home from school once, I think a few months ago. She was crying and when we asked her what was wrong, she said she felt really bad because she said something which hurt you, she could see it in your expression and she felt terrible about it." He confesses and I laugh with a smile, "She's been crazy for you for longer than I can remember."

"That's true, she loves you so much. Her face when she saw you in the crowd tonight was everything, we haven't seen her so happy to see someone." Loren smiles as she spoke and I couldn't help but smile also.

"I did see her backstage, I helped her stretch and things so I don't know why she looked so happy seeing me ten minutes later." I laugh and the two laugh and then the sound of the shower turning off could be heard.

"Go upstairs, she's probably waiting for you," Loren says and I say goodbye as I walk up the stairs. I reach the girl's bedroom where I knock on the door but there's just silence so I walk inside.

She's there wrapped in a towel, sitting on her desk chair drying her hair, she spins her chair and looks at me, her face turning red in the process.

"Hey, Blondie." I smile as I close the door and look at the set of clothes on her bed, she has a good style.

"Hey." She answers and I walk over to her and hook my fingers under her chin to tilt her head up to me, "I'm very much so naked right now."

"I can see that." I chuckle and she smiles and I lean down and kiss her softly. I'm taller than her right now, proud moment.

She kisses me back, her lips moving against mine slowly as her hands fall from her hair and onto my waist as she pulls me in slightly.

"We don't have long till we have to go." She whispers against my lips and I hum and kiss her again, she kisses me back. Again, and again, and again.

"I need to get dressed, Carter. I'd love to kiss you more but we have a date to get to." She smiles and I smile and pull away, she's a blushing mess and it's absolutely adorable.

She carefully pushed me away so she could stand up just to find herself closer than she already was which causes me to laugh.

I then move aside so she could go over and pick up her clothes.

"I'll just go in your bathroom," I say and go into her bathroom which is attached to her room and close the door behind me as she gets changed.

I look around the room, it's very organised and Zara isn't the person who would be organised, I was expecting the counter to be a mess.

My eyes land on a piece of paper which was ripped up on the counter and I look at it. There's many dots on them, small, large, medium, some with shape and others just dotted around.

I turn one of the pieces of paper over which seems to have writing on the back. It's a small piece but the words still manage to fit.

Carter's stars (but she's my favourite star)