CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Noa

Art.

Once again. I'm so happy right now.

We all are doing the assigned task, the favourite things into one painting and explaining why. My three chosen things are, cheer, rain and butterflies.

The outline has finished, it's the cheer team in a pyramid inside of a huge raindrop and on the edge are butterfly wings. It could've been better, it definitely looks better in my head.

My eyes drift over to Zara who is painting a human heart, just the outline and I raise a brow. What is she doing?

I look away after a few seconds and get back to my work, everyone is silent and doing their painting or sketching, it's a great thing to finish off the week.

~~~

I push the door of the bathroom open and the first thing I see is a certain blonde fixing up her makeup in the mirror. So this is where she disappears to before coming into the hall to sit with us.

"Hey, Carter. Did you get the envelope?" She asks, looking at me through the mirror.

"Yes I did, it's really good." I admit and she smiles and puts her lipgloss back into her bag, "That's a shit brand."

"So you know a brand that's not shit?" She questions and I hum and walk over to her, taking mg lipgloss out of my bag and giving it to her. She takes a few seconds to think about whether she should apply it or not, in the end, she does, "It's good, but it's better on you, it gives the shine on yours."

"You look at my lips?" I chuckle and she laughs.

"Maybe I do, especially now." She answers and I walk over to her, I watch her eyes fall to my lips and back up and I smile, "It looks really good on you."

She opens up the small bottle and applied a light coat of lipgloss onto my lips before slipping it back into my bag, her eyes never leaving me.

"Do you want some more?" I ask and she hums, her eyes staying on my lips now and my hands were on her waist and pulling her in quicker than I intended to, "Stay silent, Blondie."

"Of course." She whispers as she closes her eyes before I pull her closer and close the gap between us.

My lips press against hers delicately, she smiles and brings her hand up to my neck as she pulls me closer. She tastes like strawberries and so do I, I love it.

She leans against the sink, her body pressed against mine, her lips on mine also with her fingers messing in my hair. Her other hand is holding onto the edge of the sink behind her so both of her hands are busy. Mine runs up and down her waist, holding a grip on her which causes her to try to move closer.

My stomach flutters with the usual butterflies, this time they're mini fireworks setting off and where her skin touches mine, trails of fire follow. I can't help but smile against her, the feelings inside my stomach, the contact between us, and just Zara being here right now after so long of dreaming about this.

It feels exactly like how it used to, I've missed this, I've missed the feeling of her lips against mine and her body being so close.

After a few seconds, I pull away, she runs her tongue over her lower lip and I rest my forehead against hers, nobody's hands move, she keeps her eyes closed and so do I. It's quiet but I can still hear her take in a deep breath and release it slowly.

"I'd like to keep the lipgloss." She whispers and I chuckle and pull my head away from hers as I go into my bag, pick out the lipgloss and then slide it into her bag, "I've missed you, Carter."

"I've missed you too, Blondie." I smile and she smiles back at me, I pick my bag up from the floor since it fell moments ago and then put it over my shoulder.

"Can I take you out tonight?" The blonde asks after a few moments of silence and I raise a brow at her, fighting the smile on her face. She was the one on the phone this morning.

"Where would you take me exactly?" I question and she looks at me, our eyes locking for a few seconds until she looks away.

"An art gallery?" She suggests and I smile and nod quickly, "I'll pick you up, six tonight?"

"Sounds great to me, now I have to go, I'm hungry," I say and she laughs and I quickly leave the bathroom and the girl waits a few minutes before following behind me.

It didn't take long to get to the hall where everyone was seated, I enter and head over to the table where everyone is sat. I head over to the food stands and line up in the queue.

Zara walks in as I order a slice of pizza, thank god it's lunch. I do my thumbprint before taking the cardboard with the slice of pizza on it and turning around.

I hear multiple gasps as I go back to the table, one from Juliette and the other from Karen.

"Finally! What took you so long?" Karen asks and I show her the pizza, "I would've bought that if you asked, your mum will kill you."

"She won't, be nice she's not mean when it comes to food. She's not mean at all actually." I answer and she rolls her eyes, "My father though, he wouldn't want me spending too much money on school food."

"That's because we all get special food like way better thanks to being friends with you, your parents love us. We get it half the price and even better, so thank you." Quinn says and I smile and look at her.

"I get special food too, very nice," Karen says and The girls look at her.

"Did you guys hook up again? When?!" Kai asks and I scoff, "Oh my gosh it was when you both didn't come to the party."

"Shut up I can't be bothered talking about this." I groan as I take a bite out of the pizza. It's pepperoni pizza and it is delicious.

Everyone is quiet for a few seconds, Karen is speaking to Juliette and then Zara leans over to whisper something to her and then it caused her best friend to turn to her.

"See, no stress, well done."