CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

Noa

We arrived at London airport fifteen minutes ago, we grabbed our luggage and making our way to the exit. I'm almost skipping along with excitement.

"You're surprising your lover, gosh I'm so happy to be part of this." Emmeline smiles and I can't help but smile.

My parents know I'm coming home, they said they would pick me up because they missed me a lot and thought it was time to come back. But I told them I already had a flight and they were over the moon, they paid plenty of money for Emmeline to say thank you. They also said I have a few pieces of art I should see that is also with a note, it's a Christmas present apparently.

I made a promise to Zara. That I'd watch her Swan Lake performance, and I never break promises.

"Come on!" Emmeline laughs as we rush outside of the airport after doing security and all of that and then I see my parents outside with their car.

They look at me and smile widely, my mum cried, I cried. Even my brother smiles.

I run up to her and hug tightly, she hugs me back just as tight as I cry in her arms.

"I have missed you so much," I whisper and she smiles and I hug her for a while. It feels better in her arms, my mother's arms after so long.

"I've missed you too, Noa. It's been so different without you." She whispers back and we pull apart.

I hugged each family member, even my brother who to my surprise hugged me back and I'm pretty sure it shocked everyone. Even Emmeline, she knows everything about everything I told her everything in my life, she became my best friend very quickly and kept to her promise to come every day and call whenever I needed to.

"Emmeline, thank you so much. Please come and live with us until you have to leave and go home." My mother offers and the girl smiles and helped put bags in the back with my father.

"Thank you, Mrs Carter." She smiles and the woman laughs, "Naomi?"

"That's more like it!"

~~~

Finally, I am finally in my bedroom with my phone back and might I say, it's been a lot I see for some people.

Twenty missed calls from Zara along with one hundred and thirty messages.

Twenty-five missed calls from Karen along with ninety messages.

Over one hundred messages from the cheer group chat. I plan to keep everything quiet, not text anyone, open any message or anything until I get into that hall and see my girl after four months.

She delivered me twenty paintings from the art gallery, they were already on my walls and my favourite one was above my bed. Apparently, she told my parents which ones I liked the most going from my reaction. They were correct. It also comes with a piece of paper reading:

I bought you a present from our date, I know you're gone somewhere I don't know and I have no idea how long you will be but these are for when you return. I wish I found stars because they do shit to me like they make me think of you constantly. You're the best person in my life, Carter. I miss you more than anything, maybe you look at the stars and think of me just like I do when I want a break from everything. I hope you enjoy the gift, come back soon.

Your favourite Blondie x

We leave in five minutes and I have never been so nervous about going somewhere. I've decided to wear flared pants, a beige jumper, a leather jacket and a pair of boots and a hat. It's January, it's cold for Britain, -10° and I do not want to be cold right now.