CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE

Zara

It's pouring it down with rain again, it's the end of the day and I am on my way to the medical room where Noa is. She's been there all day, I've visited her as much as I can but she's been asleep for most of the day.

"I can give you a lift home?" Juliette offers and I shake my head, "I can't believe she didn't even give you your car or phone back."

"Don't mention it, I have too much on my mind right now to go on about being grounded." I groan as we turn the corner.

We stop in front of a set of doors, I knock and walk inside whilst Juliette waits outside. My eyes land on the brunette who is sitting on the edge of the bed with the nurse as she packs her bag.

"Look who's here." The nurse smiles and she looks over at me and I watch the smile rise once again, "Finish up your bag, I will sign you out."

"Thank you." Noa smiles before standing up, she took her time doing so as I approach her. She didn't waste a second wrapping her arms around me though.

My arms wrap around her waist, she hurries her head in the crook of my neck and I could feel her smile.

"Feeling better?" I ask and she nods as we stay like this for a few more minutes until it is time for us to go. We make our way out of the room, Noa says goodbye to everyone and Naomi and Dorian are already at the exit.

"Would you like a ride home?" Naomi questions and I shake my head.

"No thank you, I'm fine walking." I respond and she looks outside with a sigh before turning to me, "I don't mind a little rain."

"You're aware Noa will be walking home with you because there's no way we can get her to change her mind?" Dorian asks and I hum, "Go on then, we will see you at home."

He says the last part to Noa who nods with a smile and hug her parents as she puts on her coat and I hold onto her bag as she does so.

Her parents soon disappear as we make our way out of the building and towards the path on the side where it's a lot more quieter and we have trees to create shelter.

As we walk, her fingers brush against mine and soon intertwine as her head rests on my shoulder.

"Blondie?" She asks and I hum, looking over at her, "You have made me the happiest I have been in a while, my heart has always wanted you, before we first dated, during the breakup, and still now. I will always want you."

I feel the blood rush to my cheeks and I look away smiling. I smile like a fucking five year old and she laughs at me.

"I love you, Carter." I ignore the feeling in my stomach as we look at each other and I ignore the way my heart skips a dozen beats when she smiles, "You're the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"I love you, Blondie. With all my heart." She kisses me softly, and the rain falls on us as she kisses me but we don't care. She kisses me and it's like everything disappears, her lips press softly against mine, very delicately and she smiles against me.

After a while, she pulls away and smiles as we continue to walk. Her hand was in mine, she looks up at the sky and I watch the rain fall on her face and she was smiling.

The way the droplets of water slide down her face leaving a glistening trail, how they fall down her chin and allow the trail to follow. It highlights her features, her lips, the certain sparkle in her eyes, her cheeks and the few areas where there are light freckles which I know she hates but I love them. I love everything about this girl.

I love her. I love the way she is, how she's just amazing inside and out. I love how she has the most gentle and caring heart, how if she wants something she will do her everything to get it. I love how she keeps moments like these close to her heart, I love her smile whether it's big or small.

She is my reason to get out of bed every day, she is the reason to why I feel so happy once again. Now watching her look so happy, a smile wide on her face, her cheeks a light colour of red, and just full of happiness, I know there's nothing or nobody I want more than Noa Carter.

"Blondie, you're staring." Her voice brings me back to where we were, standing in the middle of a path with rain pouring down on us both. I don't know when we stopped walking, but at some point we did.

"You're beautiful. So amazingly beautiful." My voice comes out quiet and her cheeks darken as she cups my face and kisses me again. She covers my face in kisses and I stand here with a smile on my face.

"No words can explain how I feel about you, Blondie. I am so in love, head over heels." She speaks between each kiss but just causes my smile to grow even wider, "I love you more than anyone and anything."

"I love you so ridiculously much, Carter." I whisper back and she smiles as she plants one last kiss on my lips, "I think we should head home now though."

"I agree with you there." The girl giggles and it is music to my ears, it warms my heart and causes my stomach to flutter. She has a huge effect on me, anyone would be able to notice this by now.

Overall, it took us an hour to get home, we took random stops to make out which is very understandable when it comes to Noa. We walked through the door, my parents weren't home and then we raided the freezer for ice cream and then came up to my bedroom where we are right now.

We sit in my bed, a blanket covering us. Noa lays between my legs with her head on my stomach and her fingers draw light shapes on my thighs. My hand is intertwined with hers as a movie plays on the television. "Carol" to be exact.

It's been an hour since we arrived home, Noa is laying here crying over a movie and I am about to cry myself.

The part where Therese was reading the letter Carol wrote for her destroys Noa to the point she looked at me and her mascara was running and I can't help but smile. I cup her face and kiss her.

"This film is breaking my heart." She mumbles against my lips which causes me to chuckle.

"I will fix it back together, my love. I promise you." I admit which makes her smile and then she was resting her head on my chest, her arms around my body and the duvet pulled up to her shoulders, "We will finish this film off, even if we are both a crying mess at the end of it."

"You're trying to kill me." She groans and I shake my head with a laugh as the film continues to play, "Okay, okay! Carry on!"

The movie continues, Noa watches it and is soon crying once again. She actually went through a few tissues by the end of it. She's so sensitive when it comes to films and things.

I don't blame here though because I am the exact same.