CHAPTER FORTY TWO

Noa

I lay on the sofa staring at the ceiling, my head resting on Zara's legs, her fingers messing in my hair, her eyes looking down at me a few times which causes us both to smile.

Juliette and Karen are sitting on the other sofa, Karen with her head on Juliette's shoulder as the two stay close whilst another movie plays. "Tell It To The Bees"

"Carter." Zara whispers and I hum and look up at her, "I love your eyes."

"Thank you," I whisper back and she smiles which causes me to smile as I look at the screen just to find a certain scene is playing including kissing and clothes getting removed.

"Hey look, it's you two!" Karen laughs and that's when Zara moved me carefully, stands up with a cushion in her hand, and then walks over to her.

"Zara, Zara no!" Juliette says but she was already throwing a cushion at her, hitting her with it multiple times, "Get off her!"

Soon enough, Juliette was grabbing a cushion and hitting Zara with it, but that did nothing. When her eyes turn to me, she smirks and I shake my head but she is already walking over to me with the cushion in hand.

She hits me quite hard with it at first which causes me to gasp.

"How dare you!" I gasp and she laughs and hit me again with the cushion until we were all in a pillow fight.

This lasts for a while until Juliette was repeatedly hitting me with the cushion in the face due to me losing the cushion.

"Juliette stop, she's struggling to fight back, stop." Zara pulls the girl off me and I let out a breathless laugh, "Are you okay?"

Her eyes search mine and my face and I nod, she lets out a sigh of relief and I smile. She lowers herself on me till her arms are around my waist and her head is on my chest, the rest of her between my legs.

"Movie time." Karen smiles and soon enough it was back to how it was originally.

The words still repeat in my head which causes my stomach to drop and another feeling in my stomach, a pit of darkness.

Just go disappear, nobody will care anyway

I close my eyes for a few seconds and then lean back and stare at the ceiling.

What if it's true?

"Are you eating anything?" Zara whispers and I shake my head, "You haven't ate anything, please."

I move her to the side and head over to the kitchen where I grab a bottle of alcohol from the cupboard and open it up and sit on the counter as I drink.

Just go disappear, nobody will care anyway

The tears burn my eyes as the liquid burns my throat and I grab my phone from my pocket as I feel it vibrate and pull it up to my ear.

"Hey freak, I'm back. Are you dead yet?" The guy asks and I chuckle, "Get the job done I'm sick of seeing you around, also get skinny you fat ass bitch."

"Leave me alone." I whisper as I glance over at the girls who are all watching television and the tear falls down my cheeks, "Please."

"No, sort yourself out. You're ugly and god nobody likes you, your life is a joke, anyone who loves you doesn't it's all a joke, it's all a lie." He says and the tears fall as I take another long drink from the glass until I run out.

"Stop calling me." I sob and Juliette looks over at me as I reach for another bottle.

I've never seen someone get up and run over so fast. My phone was taken from my hand and the bottle from the other.

"Fuck off and leave her alone." Juliette says into the phone before blocking the number, "Come on."

She makes me follow her to the bedroom and I was a crying mess, sitting on the edge of the bed as the tears fall and she closes the door.

"When did he call?" She asks and I shake my head, "What did he say to you, Noa?"

I shake my head again as the words couldn't be spoken.

Your life is a joke, anyone who loves you doesn't it's all a joke, it's all a lie.

"What the hell did you say to her?" Zara asks whilst sounding very annoyed as she appears, "Juliette?"

"Zara leave her alone right now." Her best friend looks at her, Zara laughs and shakes her head, "She needs space."

"From you? Yes, she does, so leave." Zara walks over and I shake my head as the words repeat in my head, "Fucking leave!"

"Alright then, she won't tell you anything." Juliette shrugs and walks away.

The blonde looks at me very worriedly and I lower my head, she pulls me into her arms and I hold onto her.

"Hey, what happened? What did she say? Do you want me to beat her up because I will if she did anything bad to you?" She starts saying and I shake my head, "So what happened?"

I stay quiet as the tears fall and another call comes in, this time from. My brother?

Zara answers and I can't hear much but I feel how she tenses up and takes in a deep breath, and then closes her eyes for a few seconds.

She hung up and returns the phone to me, I look at her with confusion but she was already walking away and towards the front door.

"Karen I'm taking your car, I have a few things to go get!"

Whilst drunk? Oh no.