34

public vote

public vote

"You lot was loud last night," Isa croaked out as she looked over the bedroom the next morning.

"Oi, don't try it," Lana yelled. "You woke me up."

"No way," Isa shook her head. "I'm a born again virgin, I've never touched a boy."

The islanders went on to chat back over the talent show, and how impressed they had been with each other. The girls headed downstairs to debrief and get ready for the day. "I think last night was just great to lighten things up in here," Isa said as the girls did their skin care. "Like, we don't know how much longer we'll all be in here, so we should just be having a fun time with people we care about and leave the drama by the door."

The other girls all echoed their agreement, and kept on talking about the talents of the islanders. The girls slowly trickled out of the villa, heading off to the boys. Isa grabbed her coffee before heading to a lounger and sitting down. Tom followed her over quickly, nudging the girl over so they could share the chair. 

"What's the first thing we're doing when we get out?" Tom asked the girl as he played with her hair. 

"Get some McDonalds," Isa ticked off. "Pick up my dog. See our families. And probably sleep for a week."

"I think that sounds like perfection," Tom nodded, the two perking up when they heard a ding and Lana yelled that she had a text.

"Islanders, it's last orders. So grab your glasses and make your way to the bar for today's challenge, cocktail shake up!"

"No because I thought it was going to be bad. But it was alright." Isa shook her head sitting next to Tom in the beach hut. "We had gotten away with no food challenges."

Isa was like a baby deer in the challenge, she fell and slid at least 4 times. "I'm going to be so bruised later," she whined as she ran back to the big bowl that was about halfway full. At one point, Isa and Lana had literally been like bowling balls, knocking into each other and ending up tangled on the walkway. 

Finally it had been the boys turn, and let's just say none of them showed off their coordination. Will had been on a campaign against Tom, so by the fourth lap, Isa was just throwing their drink mix over Will and Tom, and making the boys an absolute mess. Kai and Sanam ended up taking home the well deserved win, while all the islanders ran back to the villa to get cleaned up and laze around for the afternoon, everyone talking about how fun that had been.

As the evening approached, and the islanders headed to the garden, Isa was soaking it all in. The girls all headed to the firepit together, taking a seat. "Hasn't this been a wild summer?" Isa asked the girls as they huddled together. "Like I can't believe we're here, and I just feel lucky."

The girls all chatted about their own thoughts, Lana asking the big question. "Does anyone feel close to saying those three words?"

Isa turned her head as she felt the stares of the other girls on her, squealing as she took a sip of her drink. "Yeah, it's nerve-wracking innit?" she said with a smile. "But I do, it's just scary to say it and think he might not feel the same."

"Oh my god he definitely does," Lana hugged the girl. "You two are just perfect for each other, I am so happy for you." The boys and girls stayed split for a bit longer, before they began to come back together. Tom grabbed Isa and headed to the terrace. 

"Everyone feels loved up tonight," Isa said as the two climbed into the bed up there. "It's so lovely."

"I agree," Tom nodded, facing the girl. "I'm just lucky to be here with you. I never thought I would come in here and fall for a girl, and I have."

"Really?" Isa smiled softly as the boy nodded. "I do love you, you know."

"I love you," he said with red cheeks as he leaned in to press a soft kiss to her lips. "Can't wait to go home and just start the next part of our relationship. I'm ready."

"Me too," she smiled, leaning into his chest. After a bit longer upstairs, the two made their way back to the garden and Isa headed to the kitchen where Jessie and Rosie were chatting. "Me and Casey just had such a good chat," the girl was beaming as Isa grabbed some food from the fridge. The girl was clearly giddy with her boy, and Isa couldn't hold back the smile at the girls energy. 

The night was interrupted by Ron calling out he had a text, asking for all islanders to head to the firepit. Isa was feeling the nerves as she met with Tom on the boards, the two holding hands as they made their way to sit with the others. 

The group sat in anticipation until Sanam's phone rang. "Islanders, the public have been voting for their favorite couple."

"The couples with the fewest votes are at risk of being dumped from the island tonight," Tanya read out. 

"In no particular order, the three couples with the least votes and therefore vulnerable are," Casey's text read. 

"Tanya and Shaq," Lana continued. 

Next was Will's phone. "Casey and Rosie," the blonde read.

"Will and Jessie," Isa read out in a shaky voice as all three of the couples stood. 

Kai's phone then rang. "Can all vulnerable couples please stand in front of the firepit."

Isa kept a hand on Tom's thigh as she could feel how upset the boy was. "It's ok," she whispered as the boy took some deep breaths. 

"The couple with the fewest votes and therefore dumped from the island is," Ron's text read. 

"Casey and Rosie," a gutted Tom had to read out. The islanders sat in silence for a moment before getting up to huddle around the couple. Isa rubbed Tom's back as he wrapped Casey in a hug, bringing Jessie into a hug as they watched their boys. 

Everyone was dragging their feet as they helped Rosie pack. It felt surreal as they helped Rosie pack before meeting with the boys in the front hall. Isa wrapped Tom in a side hug as they listened to Casey and Rosie's little speech, before having a big group hug and waving them off at the door.