40

"Islanders, fans, welcome to the Love Island season 9 finale!" Maya Jama yelled out as she stood in the garden of the villa surrounded by fans, as well as the four final couples

"Islanders, fans, welcome to the Love Island season 9 finale!" Maya Jama yelled out as she stood in the garden of the villa surrounded by fans, as well as the four final couples. "For the past weeks, we've watched, laughed, cried and voted as some sexy singles tried to find love in South Africa. Tonight, we have your final four couples. Ron and Lana, Shaq and Tanya, Tom and Isa, and Kai and Sanam!"

The crowd went wild for a moment. "Tonight's winners, will get to walk away with fifty thousand pounds. But before we get there, we need to crown our fourth place winner."

Isa smiled up at Tom as his arms tightened around her waist. She felt at peace, she could care less about the places at this point. She was just glad to have him.

"In fourth place, we have Tanya and Shaq!" The three other couples cheered as the couple kissed with a smile, heading over to sit with Maya and watching a montage of their journey. The three talked for a bit, before Maya came back up on the stage. 

"Now that we have seen our fourth place couple, it's time to reveal who has come in third place this year. Your third place couple for Love Island Season 9 is,

Tom and Isa!" 

Isa turned around to press a kiss to Tom's lips with a laugh. The girl ignored Maya's gesturing and hustled over to hug Lana and Ron, giving Kai and Sanam the same treatment before finally sitting with their host. 

"Isa, we saw you didn't waste a moment running over to the two couples in the running for first place. Did you expect that?"

"Quite honestly, I didn't give it much thought," Isa laughed as she leaned into Tom's side. "I just know that I think either of those couples deserve it, and I love them to bits."

"That's sweet," Maya cooed. "Now let's take a moment to look through you and Tom's journey in the villa."

The video started off with Tom's bombshell entrance, and his subsequent first few couplings. Then they rolled the tape of Isa's entrance, along with her first couple with Kai, making the girl giggle. From then on, it was a reel of some of the sweetest moments of their relationship. Of course they dropped in some of the drama with Olivia, and with the Casa recoupling. But what was most important for Isa, was the moments like their first I love you, when they became boyfriend and girlfriend, and some clips from their recoupling speeches. 

"So both of you came into this villa as bombshells this season. But it seemed like no one really clicked for either of you."

"For me, I think Tom had always caught my eye, but there was just too much going on at the time for me to try to put my foot in the door," Isa explained. 

"I agree," Tom nodded. "For me I had to finish off those other situations, and then I could really focus on Isa and getting to know her, and I am glad that I did because I don't think I could have been sat here with any other girl."

The audience let out 'aw's as Isa smiled over at a blushing Tom. 

"Isa, to the public, you kind of became known as the protector in the villa. You spent a lot of time talking situations down, or trying to diffuse the gossiping. When you reflect back on those moments, do you regret anything?"

"Not at all," Isa shook her head. "I think everyone in the world knows what it's like to hear someone is talking behind your back. And in an environment like this, I felt it was really important to not let that get out of hand, because you can't escape it. So I'm proud of what I did and the decisions I made, and even if I wasn't, I'm always a believer in you live and you learn."

"Tom, I think a lot of people were worried you would let your head turn in Casa. What was going through your mind then?"

"I think Isa had been really open and vulnerable with me before Casa," Tom mused. "And she had told me how she felt, and going into Casa, I just knew that nothing was going to be worth me throwing those feelings that I had too to the side. I knew we had feelings for each other and I wasn't ready to let that go."

"So what are the plans now? What's the first stop when you get out?"

"I think we both really want to see our families," Isa looked to a nodding Tom. "We're lucky we don't have a huge distance to deal with, so I think we'll both take a few days, head home check in, and then see where the road takes us. We're confident in what we have and I am super excited to take it outside of the villa and see what else life brings us."

"Yeah, I'll probably return to training," Tom added. "And I hope to get her out to a match pretty quick. But like Isa said, I think we're just excited to begin like normal relationship things."

"Wonderful," Maya beamed. "Well everyone, give it up for your third place couple, Isa and Tom!"

yall know I usually make my couples win, but as a Rana and Kainam stan, I was ok with leaving it :)