Chapter 1: Check up

"Dr. Cullen, your patient is here."

"Thank you, Shelly. I will be right there." Carlisle says to his MA.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Cullen and you must be..."

"My friends call me Lily, Carlisle."

Carlisle looks up to see a grown version of the little girl he met back in 1918. "Lily Diggory, it has been a while. Are you here for Edward, or I'm sorry, Cedric?" He says with a smile.

Lily smiles. "Not quite, and you were right the first time. He is Edward now. The war is just about over. When it is, I was hoping I might be able to come visit. Maybe get to catch up with Edward. If he will let me."

"Of course, Lily. I know my son well. He will forgive you. He is actually on his honeymoon now. He got married 2 days ago." Carlisle tells her.

"Wow... My big brother is a husband. He was able to have his happy ending, after all. Even if he doesn't forgive me, I will not regret a thing." Lily says with a smile on her face.

"So Lily, why are you here if you are not ready to see him?" Carlisle asks

"I really wanted to check in. There is also some bad stuff going down in Britain. Carlisle, if I don't make it out of this war, Albus will be the one to notify Edward. Please do me a favor. Tell him I love him. He was the best brother a girl could ever want." She pleaded.

"Lily, don't talk like that. You will make it. But if anything does happen, you have my word. You are welcome at the house anytime." He gives her a fatherly hug.

"Thank you for all you have done, Carlisle. I must return. Stay safe, my friend." Lily waves goodbye and disappears before his very eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 month later
Lily POV

The final battle would be taking place tomorrow night. Dumbledore (who is NOT dead) told me I should go check on Cedric. That way, I can fight with a clear mind.

When I show up at the house, I see Carlisle outside with his mate, Esme.
"Carlisle! What is going on?"

"Bella, become pregnant on their honeymoon. She just gave birth to a girl. Edward is trying to save her, but it isn't looking good." He said

"Try to get him away from the room. I will slow her body down the same way I did his. I will make sure he keeps his happy ending." I said

I see Carlisle and Edward run off a moment later. Esme walks me to the room. As I start my spell, a blonde haired woman walks in. "Who are you?! What are you doing to her!?!"

Esme speaks up. "Rosalie, Edward can NOT know she was ever here. She is here to help Bella. She is slowing her body down. Giving the venom time to reach her heart before it stops. She is saving her."

I notice she is holding a baby. I let a tear fall from my eye. "You are so beautiful. Hello little one. I'm your Auntie Lily. Your Daddy does not remember me right now, but he will. I sense magic in you, my little neice. Please don't tell your daddy I was here, ok?"
Before I get ready to take my leave, I pull off the ring Cedric gave me all those years ago and charmed it to grow with my new neice.
"Your Daddy gave me this when I was younger. I want you to have it. Grow strong, my darling. I hope we shall see each other again soon." I turn to the blonde vampire,  "Rosalie, is it? I must put a little block on your mind for now. Edward won't be able to see or hear anything about me from your thoughts. Thank you for taking care of them."
I cast the spell and disappeared back to hogwarts.

"Let the battle begin."