Chapter 26: Rudolphus

Warning mentions of rape.

"So Nessie, do you have any questions about these curses?" Tabby asked.

She was having more of a heart to heart with her than teacher and pupil conversation. It was a sensitive subject, for both of them.

"So, that is how my dad died?" She asked. "Does it hurt?"

Tabby smiled weakly. "Quicker that falling asleep. They don't feel anything."

Caius was listening in. He was wondering what happened to his mate. When he replayed the lesson in his head, he noticed she was very detailed about a curse called the imperius curse. Apparently, he wasn't the only one who caught on.

Cousin Tabby, you mentioned 1 curse in great detail. The imperius curse. I was wondering..... do you have experience with this? " Nessie asked.

"Yes, sweetie, I do." She left it at that.

Caius was livid. How dare someone hurt his mate? He would make sure to kill them if they weren't already dead.

All of a sudden, there was a crack sound. Tabby turned around to see Antonin Dolovoh. He had a sick smile on his face.

"Nessie, go inside. Now." She said slowly.

Nessie obeyed and ran to get her father.

"Dolovoh, what are you doing here?" She pulled her wand.

Caius was about to just go her when Tabby set up a barrier preventing anyone from getting in or out.

"Diggory, I heard you were a teacher now. However, I'm not here for a private lesson. We are all coming. Coming for the Order. We will avenge the Dark Lord."

Caius could sense her worry and started banging on the barrier. "Tabby, let me in! Mi Amore!"

"Aww, new love, Diggory? Well, he will witness your death." He raised his wand to cast the killing curse but fell to the ground screaming in pain. She looked over to see Jane using her gift.

Tabby took his wand and stunted him, and called for Harry. She was lost in thought while waiting. She heard Caius scream her name, but she was thinking of how she almost used one of the unforgivables. She doesn't deserve to be a teacher.

"Tabatha! Bring the barrier down, please. I will take him to Azkaban." Harry said.

She didn't even know he was there. She really needs a nap. She let the barrier drop.

"Harry. Dolohov said they are coming for all of us. The death eaters vs. the order." She said.

Harry took a short breath. "Get the girls and Draco here, I'll be back soon." He said and apperated away.

"Mi Amore. What is going on? I was so worried." Caius pulled her to him and kissed her head.

Even though Tabby felt safe and wanted this, she pushed away. "Sorry pal, I'm not a home wrecker."

"And you aren't. I am divorcing her. You are my mate. Not her." He said.

"Well, until then, I still can't do this. I feel like the other woman. She still lives with you for crying out loud." Tabby said.

"Please, Mi Amore, don't give up on us." He begged.

Tabby looked at him and wanted to cry. She saw the happiness she could have with him, but she wouldn't be the other woman.

"I have to make a call." She walked away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lily had gotten the phone call from Tabby on what happened. She was shaking slightly. She never told anyone, but she suffered from PTSD.