Chapter 8: La Push

"Lily, I know you just woke up, but you still need to take it easy. Your body will need time to get back to the way it was." Dumbledore said.

"Well, I guess I must be getting home then." She said while looking sad at Sam.

Sam grabs onto her. "No, you can't leave me. I will take care of you. Come home with me. You will be well taken care of and safe." He was pleading.

"Sam, I really want to, but what about my father. I can't just leave him." Lily was torn between her father and her soul mate.

Severus wanted his daughter to be happy. "Flower, you go with Sam, and I will come visit you often and write. You are 19. It's time you find your own path in this world. There is nothing left for me in London. Perhaps I might relocate here with you."

Lily wanted to jump up and down. She got her father, brother, and soul mate. She truly felt like the luckiest woman in the world.

"Ok, Sam, take us home." Lily looked into his eyes with happiness.

"Of course, my love." He walked to his truck and helped her in gently.

The pack all tried to squeeze in, and the other boys tried to squeeze in, but Sam wasn't having it.
"Get in the cargo bed, you savages!"

"Oh, Sam, it's ok. It's cold out. Let the boys in. I will move over closer to you." Lily said.

He liked the idea of her being closer, but he also was happy at the kindness she was showing them. They all had issues at home and needed a real family. He and Lily could give them that.

As they got closer to his house, he started to panic. What if Emily was right. His house was nothing special. He isn't full of money to buy her nice things. What if she rejects him for it?

His mind was still racing when they pulled into the driveway. He looked over at her. She was looking all around. He knew it. She's probably looking for the actual house. She must think this is a shed.

"Wow! This place is amazing. You have so many woods, and you're close to the beach!!! This is amazing!! Imagine all the cookouts we could have and bonfires." Lily said with a smile on her face.

'I love this woman,' Sam thought. She is so different. We have the same likes and interests. 'I may not be loaded, but I will give this woman the world.'

"Sam. How long do you expect me to stay with you?" Lily questioned.

"Well, I wanted forever. Do you not want to?" He began to get worried.

"It's not that I don't want to, but there is something I haven't told you or Cedric. And I don't want you to be put in an uncomfortable situation." She said.

"Lily, whatever it is, I will be here to help you. What is it?"

"Earlier, the day I was attacked. A friend of mine and her husband were killed. She had just given birth to a baby boy 2 months before that. I was named Godmother. My friend Harry was named Godfather. However, she had some documents made up, in the event of her and her husband's death, custody of Teddy would be given to me. So technically, I have a 5 month old son." She looked at him, waiting for a response.

"I'm really sorry about your friend, but don't worry. I will help you raise Teddy like he was my own son. He will be loved with 2 parents and have a crap ton of older brothers." Sam said without hesitation.

Lily's eyes teared up with happiness. She looked at him and felt a tear fall down her face. She couldn't believe that he was willing to take on a child he didn't know.

"Thank you so much, Sam. This means the world to me." She leaned over and kissed him.

"Now, if I can ask. Where do the guys sleep? Don't take this the wrong way, but it doesn't look like the house has enough rooms for all of them." Lily was asking as they all got out of the truck.

"They have to double up or some sleep in the living room, but it is the only place they have to go sometimes. I can't kick them out." He hoped she wasn't asking him to. Emily asked him to do that all the time.

"Oh no, Sam , I don't want you to do that. I can just charm the house to be bigger on the inside and make a room for everyone. Those boys need their privacy and sleep." She said with a smile.

With a flick of her wand, a staircase appeared, and doors that he assumed led to bedrooms or bathrooms.

The boys looked at her with amazement. "Alright, boys. Go find a room and get some sleep." Lily said.

As the boys started to walk away, she grabbed Paul's hand and pulled him into a hug."I heard what you said while I was sleeping. I feel the same way. I know we will have a great relationship."

Paul hugged her back. It felt great. A hug from someone who truly cared about him. He couldn't wait to see what the future holds.