Chapter 5: The bet

As the pack enters the Cullen house, Severus stands up. "Thank you all for joining us. I appreciate what you are doing. My daughter is a very loving and kind person. She deserves to live her life."

Sam looks at him then at Edward. "So your Edward's father too?" They look nothing alike.

"Merlin, no. I adopted Lily 6 years ago." He said with a smirk.

Paul speaks up. "So how do you want to do this?" He was ready to smooch a pretty girl.

Albus chuckled, knowing what he was thinking. "Just go in, one at a time and place one kiss on her lips."

"No funny business either!" Edward growled out.

Severus was looking at Sam. "What is your name, son?"

"Sam Uley sir"

Serverus pulled out his wallet and walked over to the island in the kitchen. "I bet $60 on Sam."

Edward looked at him like he was crazy. "You are betting on who her soul mate is?! Sam has an imprint, and what's makes you so sure? For the record $60 on Seth."

"I know my daughter, Diggory. Sam is just her type." Severus looks at Albus."You love gambling. You wanna get in on this."

Dumbledore looked at the boys. "What is your name, my boy?"

"Paul, sir,"

"Well, $60 on Paul then." He says, pulling out money.

Paul chuckles. "Let me go win that money for you, sir." He runs up the stairs to the room where Lily is.

When he reaches the room, he sees a beautiful girl sleeping in a bed. He feels so connected to her. She has to be his imprint. All he wants to do is hold her and be there for her.

He leans down to kiss her, but when he gets to her lips, he stops. This feels wrong. He wants to kiss her, but only on the forehead. Like any other place would be wrong.

"I can't kiss you like they are asking me to. If the others can not wake you, I will come back and do it. You already feel so special to me." He kisses her forehead and leaves.

He enters the living room alone and hears Albus say, "Crap, there goes $60."

"What happened, Paul?" Edward asked.

"I couldn't do it. I can't explain it. I feel like I love her, but not in that way." Paul said.

Severus wondered if they had a different connection. He pulled out his wand and cast a small spell. "Paul, how is your relationship with your mother?"

"What relationship. The woman is awful. Hates me with a passion." He says

"Well, that makes sense. When you saw Lily, a bond snapped in place. A mother and son relationship. She will be a mother figure for you." Severus says

"But we are almost the same age. That makes no sense." Paul said

Edward looks at him. "No, it makes sense. I was the big brother. It was my job to look out for her. In the end, she switched the roles on us." He said with a smile

"Let's just limit the number of boys kissing my daughter. Sam, go wake her up." Severus says.

Edward looked annoyed. "I already told you, Snape. He has an imprint."

"Actually, I don't." Sam says as he walks to the bedroom.