Chapter 16: Baby Drama

"God, you're hot when you're mad." Sam said when he got in the truck.

"Oh Merlin, I sounded crazy didn't I. I'm sorry if I embarrassed you." She was just calming down and realizing what happened.

"You didn't embarrass me. You stuck up for me and our family. You also said something that made me really happy. " Sam smiled

"Our family." She smiles.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As they walk into the court house, they can feel people staring. Not that either of them care.

"Can I help you folks?" The elderly secretary asked.

Sam smiled and approached the lady. "Yes, we need to file adoption papers, please."

"Oh! Adopt a little one, did we?" She smiled a waved at Teddy.

Lily smiled. "We did. However, these are for another child."

The secretary looks at the papers and gasps. "My lord! Paul Lahote? I can't believe it. I'm very happy for you but I must say I never thought I would see the day where that man would let him go."

"We came to an understanding." Lily said.

"Oh, sweetheart, I may be old. But I know the only understanding Richard Lahote knows is money." She looked at the couple.

Lily started to worry that word would get out on how she got his to sign Paul over, and Sam saw her worry.

"Might we keep that part of the story between us?" Sam asked.

"Oh, of course, dear! Nobody's business anyway. Make sure you tell Paul, Mrs. Harlow says, hi." Sam smiled.

"Will do. However we need one more thing while we are here." Sam said.

Lily looked at him confused. What did they need?

"Oh, and what is that, dear? Mrs Harlow asked.

"A marriage license." Sam said hopefully, making the right decision.

"Oh! Ok! Just give me a couple of minutes to run upstairs for the papers. I'll be right back." She took off in a hurry.

"A marriage license?" Lily whispered.

Sam started thinking he messed up. She was just joking.

"Are you sure you are ready, Sam? You just got out of a relationship. You need to rush just because I want it." Lily said.

Sam's inner wolf 'Cole' was howling at the fact she wanted this, too.

"No, Lily, I want this. I have never loved anybody like this. We are soul mates. We are forever. Let's make it official." Sam kissed her.

"I want that too, but I want a small wedding. Where my father walks me down the aisle. Our boys there, and.....my brother. I know that you don't like what he is but..." Sam cut Lily off.

"He is your brother. He will be there." Lily smiled.

"Well, I better make some calls and find a nice white summer dress in town today. Oh, and I need to get food so we can have a cookout and maybe a bonfire." She was rambling.

"You act like this is happening tonight." Sam laughed.

Lily kissed him deeply and said, "That's because it is. I'm not gonna let you change your mind. So tonight we wed!"

"Tonight we wed." Sam chuckled.

"Here you are, dears. It is only good for a month." Mrs. Harlow smiled.

"No worries, we will have it back tomorrow." Lily laughed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sam and Lily walked into the diner and sat at a booth by the window.

"Hey there Sam, how are you doing?" The waitress asked.

"I'm doing good, Cora. How are you?"

"I'm doing good, muffin. Who are these lovely people?" She asked

"Oh, Cora, meet Lily, my fiance, and our son Teddy." He smiled.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Cora." Lily smiled.

"Oh my goodness, Sam. You found a real beauty, and she has manners! It is wonderful to meet you, Lily, and please just call me Cora. Everyone does. What can I get for you folks?"

"I will have my usual, please, Cora." Sam says

"I would like the Bacon Cheese Burger with Onion Rings, please." Lily said.

"You got it, darling." Cora walked away.

Lily looked over at Sam. "So muffin, huh?" She chuckled.

Sam laughed. "I may or may not love muffins. She caught on and nicknamed me one."

"Well, good to know. I need to know what my husband likes." Lily smiled.

Everything was so nice, a peaceful until 'she' walked in.

"Sam!" Emily was stomping over to the table.

"I'm sorry, Lily. I will take care of this." Sam apologized.

"Don't be sorry and let nature take its course." She reached for his hand.

"My mom was at the courthouse today, and overheard, you applied for a marriage license with..HER!" Emily pointed at Lily.

"Yes, that's correct. We are getting married." Sam said.

"You can't, Sam! I am pregnant with your baby!" She yells for everyone to hear.

Sam starts freaking out. Lily is leaving him for sure now.

"How do you know it's his?" That's all Lily had to say.

"Excuse me?! I am Sam's imprint. Of course, it's his." Emily said firmly.

"So the other men you slept with, there is no possibility?" Lily asked.

"I have never slept with anyone else." She said high and mighty.

"Oh, hang on." Lily pulls out a peice of paper and starts to read off names. "Spencer, Brent, George, Nolan. Nicolas, and Mr. Martin. All have confessed sleeping with you in the last 2 months. More than 1 occasion." Lily up at her.

"How do you even know them?!" Emily knew she was done for.

"You see Karen when people start coming after my family, I take action. You came to our home and disrupted our lives and happiness. I had a feeling you would pull something like this, so I need security under my belt. Sam will do a paternity test, and if the baby is his, he will take responsibility. He will, however, NOT leave me." Lily said.

"Fine! I will meet you at the hospital in an hour. It is your baby, Sam." Emily walked out of the diner.

"Lily. I'm so sorry. I guess it is a possibility, but I didn't know you at the time." Sam was shaking his head.

"Look, you don't need to be stressed. I understand. You aren't my first boyfriend either. We had lives before we met each other, but Sam, I do think there is a big possibility you are the father." Lily said

"Why? She cheated on me with a bunch of guys." Sam wasn't upset by it anymore because Emily was nothing to him.

"Shifter babies only have a gestational period of 4 months. She said she is 2 months along. During the time she was here, I noticed her shirt would cling to her stomach. She looks 7 months along. So it's either you or one of the guys."

Sam rubbed his hands over his face. "Let's finish lunch and head to the hospital."

"I am gonna call Carlisle. Tell him to meet us there." Lily said

"Why? What could he do that no other doctor can?" Sam asked.

"It's not Carlisle. It's me. Carlisle can take the sample, and I can do the test very quickly so we don't have to wait for answers to come from a lab. We will know right there and then."

"Ok. That is probably for the best."