Chapter 11: You are a Uley

No one's POV

Sam understood why she thought he would hate her. It sounded like she bought him. She technically did, but not in that way. He hoped Paul would understand.

"Sam, what's going on? Why does she think I would hate her. I love her. She's my 'Ma' now." Paul asked

"Paul, sit down, son. When we were outside, Lily asked Richard why he was here for you. He talked about needing you to pay off a debt. Do you know anything about that?" Sam had a feeling he did as Paul started to shake.

"Richard was taking money from this guy who wanted me as his boy toy. Doesn't matter if I'm straight or not. Richard told him he would give me to him one day. Today must have been the day." Paul said

"Well, Lily asked him how much the debt was. She said she would pay it and give him a little extra for something in return. She thinks you will hate her because she "bought" your adoption. She doesn't want you to hate her for treating you like property that could be sold or bought, but she also didn't want to see you hurt." Sam placed his hand on his back.

"How much?" That's all Paul asked

"He said the debt was $4,000. So Lily offered him $10,000. So he would pocket 6 grand." Sam said

"She paid that monster 10 grand?!" Paul shouted

"No. 12 grand. He countered $12,000. Lily didn't hesitate or counter offer. She saw her opening and took it. Please don't be mad at her. She did it because she loves you. She loves ALL of us. She said this morning that she looks forward to making sure you are all fed, happy, and healthy." Sam explained.

Paul looked at him, surprised. "I'm not mad at Ma. I just can't believe anyone out there would do that for me. I have always been told I am worthless, and now you are telling me someone dropped $12,000 like it was nothing for me."

"I bet she would have given him everything in her bank account for you, Paul. Why don't you go talk to her?" Sam suggested.

Paul got up and walked to the bedroom door and knocked.
"It's open." He heard very faintly

"Ma. It's Paul. I'm not mad. I swear. I am very grateful for what you have done. You have shown me love and what a family is really like in the very, very short time we have been together *chuckles*. Paul pulls her in for a hug.

"I'm so happy you're not mad. I was so worried that you would think yourself to be so worthless to be sold so easily. But starting today, you are Paul Uley. You are a strong young man with a family who loves you. Also, do you wanna know a secret? " Lily says

"Of course! What is it, Ma?"

"You are also gonna become someone's role model. How do you feel about having a little brother?" Lily asked

"You're pregnant!? You and dad are quick!" Paul yells

"No, I'm not pregnant, you dumby! My godson Teddy is coming to live with us. He is 5 months old, and he......omg, I forgot to tell Sam that." Lily realized.

"Forgot to tell Sam what?" Sam says as he walks in.

"Teddy. He is part werewolf. He is practically a shifter like you but gets a little more hyper around a full moon. I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you!" Lily was worried he would change his mind now.

"Perfect, he will fit in all the better love." Sam bends down and kisses her.