Chapter 40: It's time.

Uley residents

Lily was sitting on the couch with Teddy and Bri as they watched t.v.
She had been having a lot of back pain lately with the ending of her pregnancy.

"I suppose Mommy ought to get up and start dinner. Teddy, keep an eye on your sister, please. "

She had been cutting up some potatoes when the pack and Sam had entered the house.

"Hey honey," Sam greeted and tried to steal a kiss.

Lily hadn't just had back pain. She had an attitude. She was miserable towards the end of this pregnancy.

"Oh, look what the cat dragged in. A dog." She sneered.

Sam knew it was only the pain and hormones talking.

"Are you not feeling well again today, honey?"

She began to cry. "I'm sorry, Sam. I'm just so miserable. I can't bend over, I have to pee every 20 mins, I am so tired, and I am having body aches."

He knew pregnancy was hard on the body, but shifter pregnancies were more intense.

"Don't be sorry, Lily. The boys and I will finish taking over dinner, and you can rest on the couch with the kids. You just are gonna have to give us directions." He chucked at the end.

Lily smiled and hugged him. "Lucky for you, i wasn't planning anything to special. Just some potatoes and chicken thighs. However, Cassie and Mia should be here soon, and they can always take over dinner. If I let you lot cook, you would definitely burn it."

"Ok, love you rest." Sam kissed her and led her towards the couch.

He looked at her for about 5 minutes until she fell asleep. "Guys, outside." He ordered.

"Everyone is here, so I would like to have a meeting. Jared, you are my Beta. How would you feel about stepping up to Alpha duties for the next 3 weeks?"

The pack looked at him, shocked. Why was Sam stepping away?

"I guess it wouldn't be an issue. It does make me a little nervous, though. I have never done this before. Why are you asking?" Jared said

Sam looked to everyone's worried faces. "You saw how Lily was in there. I'm pretty sure this is her body's way of telling us it is almost time for the baby to arrive. I am not stepping away completely. Just need Jared to help with things out of the house. I will return in full swing a week or 2 after the birth."

Jared let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. "Ok, that definitely will be no problem. You will still call the big shots, but I will represent the pack when you can't."

"Exactly." Sam nodded. "Is everyone in agreement?" He asked.

"Yes, Alpha."

"Oh, one last thing. Paul, I will need you to step away for a couple of days as well. Could you and Cassie help with your siblings while I'm taking care of your Ma?"

"Absolutely!" Paul smiled ear to ear.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After the pack had gone outside for their meeting, Lily's eyes opened. She was feeling some cramping and pressure.

She sat to get a pillow to put in between her legs and met with another cramping sensation.

"Ahhh, ok, are you giving me a hint, little one?" She asked.

She went to stand when she felt a warm liquid running down her legs.

"At least it was on the hard wood floor. I can spell that up."

She had grabbed her wand and began to clean up her mess when Sam walked in the door.

"Lily, you're supposed to be resting. What are you doing?"

She smirked at him. "Well, my water broke, so I'm just cleaning up the mess."

Sam went as pale as his brother in law. "I'm sorry. Yours, what broke?"

"My water?" She questioned.

"Jared, get Carlisle here! Paul, you're on Bri and Teddy duty! The rest of you help me get towels, hot water, and blankets!" He was yelling orders.

"Sam! Calm down, it's gonna be.....ahhhhh. That's getting worse. Just help me get to bed. Getting Carlisle was a good idea. I have a feeling she is coming quickly."

"Oh my God, Sam!" Embry yelled

"I'm a little busy. What is it? " He growled.

Embry gulped. "It's a full moon tonight! We already know she has a shifter gene. I think it is like the story."

"Sam, what is he talking about?" Lily asked.

Sam's eyes bugged out of his head.

"Let's get you to bed, I will explain then."

"Holy crap. My baby sister is gonna start the next rightful Alpha lineage." Paul whispered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What was Embry talking about?" Lily asked again.

She had stripped and had only a tank top on while under a cover.

"Do you remember hearing how Jacob is the rightful Alpha of the pack? The Black lineage is the rightful Alpha. However, it was said that any female shifter born on a full moon would take over that right and start the next Alpha lineage. Our baby is the next Alpha of the pack." He said.

Lily looked down at her belly and stroked it. "You just have to really make an entrance to this world, don't you?"

She her snapped up a moment later. "Wait, do you think Billy or Jacob will be mad and try to hurt her?!"

"No, no, no. Of course not. Billy knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. Jacob did not take on the responsibility that he should have for an Alpha. Jake might get a hair across his ass knowing he can't pull out the "I'm the rightful Alpha card" anymore, but she will be completely safe and protected."

*knock knock * "I hear we are ready to have a baby." Carlisle and Edward walked in.

"Cedric, what are you doing here? You should be at home with Amara." She smiled.

He walked over to the bed and hugged her gently. "I wanted to be here for this. I wouldn't miss my neice coming into this world. I will be up here the whole time, though. I don't want a front row seat to that." He laughed.

"Are you going to be ok with the blood?" She asked.

"I will. I have blood pops in my pockets for precautions, but your blood doesn't have a scent. So I shouldn't smell it." He rubbed her head, seeing she was starting to get into another contraction.

"Ahhh! This hurts! How much longer, Carlisle!?" She panted.

"I'm gonna check your dilation now. You're gonna feel some pressure. Ok, you are actually pretty much at 10. So next wave start pushing, ok?" He said

"Ok." She got herself into position.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paul was throwing Teddy in the air while Embry was bouncing Bri on his lap.

"Do you think Ma is ok?" Paul asked Severus, who had shown up as the same time as Carlisle.

"Ahhhhh!" They heard Lily yell.

The 2 wolves looked worried.

"That is normal, boys. You try pushing a watermelon out your hole and see what noises you make then." He said.

It then became very quiet. No sound was made until they heard a newborn cry.