Chapter 9: A new day

"Lily, why don't we head to bed. I will sleep on the couch, and you can have my bed." Sam said l.

"Sam, I could have made myself a room. I just thought maybe..." She looked at the floor.

"Of course! I mean, yeah. We could talk a little bit and just sleep. That's all." He smiled.

They walked into Sam's room and laid down. They talked for about an hour or so about where this put them in a relationship, and then fell asleep in each other's arms.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next morning

Sam wakes up and realizes Lily isn't in bed. He bolts up quickly.
"Lily! Lily?! Where are you?!" Sam is trying not to yell but can't help it.

"I'm in the kitchen, Sam!" She yells

'What is she doing up so early?' he wonders.

He walks into the kitchen to see all kinds of food! Enough to feed the entire pack. She is just finishing up on eggs when he walks over to help her.

"Good morning, Sam. Did you sleep well? I know I did! Did you wanna go tell the guys breakfast is ready?" She smiled at him.

'She made them breakfast? She really does care for all of us. Emily would NEVER and has EVER done this. I really scored the jackpot with Lily.' He thought.

"Of course, love. You should have had me help you, though. You are supposed to be taking it easy. You did so much."

"Oh, Sam, I wanted to do this. I feel like this is something I could really enjoy doing." She said.

"What cooking? Do you wanna be a chef?" He asked

"No. Making sure my boys are fed, happy, and healthy. I can't explain it, but i feel at home here. Like I am where I am meant to be. With who I am meant to be with." She smiled

Sam couldn't help himself. He swooped down and kissed her and wrapped his arms around her as if he would never let her go.

"We feel the same about you, Lily. Just be prepared, though. These guys will beg you to cook after this. I can't even make toast some days." Sam said laughing.

"Boys! Breakfast is ready! Who's hungry!" As soon as those words left her mouth, she heard 7 different voices yell."FOOD!!!!!"

They all gather around the table and dig in. "Wow, Lily, this is fantastic, thank you!"Jared yells.

Paul was about to thank her and make his own plate when there was a bang on the door. "PAUL! Get out here, you little bastard! I know you're in there! You are in for such a beating!" A man yells.

"Sam, who in the bloody hell is that that?!" Lily was infuriated. How dare they talk to her son like that!

"That's Paul's father. He is very abusive to Paul. That's why he stays here. Don't worry, I'll take care of it." Sam walks out the door.

"Paul sweetie. Sit down and eat. I'll be right, back." Lily said as she walked out the front door.