Chapter 28: Dunderhead

Mia had been sitting on the couch in the living room since they had returned home from the meeting.

Severus had noticed her change in attitude and knew exactly what was going on. She had to see the family that disserted her, and they completely ignored her.

"Mr. Snape, were those her parents and siblings?" Seth caught on too, apparently.

"Yes, Seth, it was. I have to meet up with my 'partner' for this mission. Will you keep an eye on her?" Severus asked.

"Of course. I'm just glad she didn't get assigned to this. I was afraid they would have her go after one of those lunatics." Seth said.

"I told Potter he was to keep her out of it. Mia, I'm leaving for a bit. Stay with Seth. No funny business, though." He kissed her forehead and apperated away.

"You wanna talk, baby?" Seth sat down next to her and pulled her to him.

Mia started to cry. "Why didn't they think I was worthy of being a part of the family?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Severus popped into Diagon Alley and made his way to George Weasley's flat that happened to be over his prank shop.

He knocked on the door and waited for him to answer the door.

"Snape. Come on in." George said.

"Let's get this over with. I don't want to be around you for more than I have to." Snape sneered.

"I know we had problems in school, but don't you think you are going over board." George said.

"You think this is about school, Weasley? It is about Amelia, you idiot." Snape almost yelled out.

"What do you know?! Amelia took off! Told my parents that Voldemort should have killed them and was glad Fred was gone!" He was crying at the last part.

"Who told you that dunderhead! Mummy and Daddy? Yeah, that's not what happened. Your parents told her that she was a disgrace of a Weasley. They kicked her out and gave her no food or money to survive. I found her in an unsafe apartment, starving and dirty. That is why I don't want to be around you, Weasley's. You think you are so much better than everyone else, and then turn your back on one of your own!"

George sat down and looked dead inside. He put his head in his hands and cried. "I'm so sorry, Mia. I didn't know! I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"You really didn't know?" Snape asked.

"I swear on Fred's grave, I didn't. Where is she? Please, I have to talk to her." He asked.

"You didn't see her at the Order meeting?" Snape said.

"What?! No! Was she there? She isn't part of the Order. She is too young." He rambled

"I adopted her George. She was with me and her....boyfriend." He bit out the last part.

"No, no, no. Mia can't have a boyfriend. She is too young." George said.

"You're telling me. I will talk to her when I get home. For now, let's discuss McNair."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tabby and Lily were at the Cullens, discussing a plan to draw Rudolphus out of hiding. "Are we on the same page? We kill him by any means necessary."

"Yes, I agree. Wait, where is Luna?" Tabby asked.

"I don't know. She was supposed to be here by now." Lily got up and started to look around the house.

Tabby and Lily heard a noise from upstairs and decided to check it out. When they opened a door to a room, they saw Luna under Aro in a heavy make-out session.

"Luna, didn't your dad ever tell you to keep your tongue in your own mouth." Tabby snickered.

Aro jumped off of Luna and straightened his shirt. "Ahh, Tabby, Lily, lovely to see you."

"Uh huh. Luna, let's get this meeting over with you, and you can continue to suck your mates' face off." Tabby said.

"I'll be back, love. Don't go far." Luna kissed his cheek.

"Speaking of mate, have you finally come around to the idea of Caius yet?" Lily asked Tabby.

"I have strong feelings for him. I just can't find it in my heart to act on those emotions until I can fully call him mine." Tabby said.

"Aro and Caius are fighting hard for the divorce. However, it seems the wives are very comfortable being privileged. It may take some time. You should go for it, Tabby." Luna said.

"You might be right, Luna. After this, I will open my heart to him. I must say I was slightly jealous of you and Aro. I want that with Caius." She smiled.

"Then let's take down the bastard." Lily stated.