Chapter 39: This is too good

The 4 new vampires and Edward were waiting for the paramedics to arrive. The hit didn't kill Bella, unfortunately.

Charlie Swan arrived at the same time as the paramedics.

"Oh my God, Bella! What happened?!"

Bella, who was having a hard time breathing, tried to take the opportunity to tell Charlie about the Cullens.

"Charlie va...va...va..." She couldn't get out the word vampire.

"What are you saying, Bells? Charlie asked.

She tried again. "Va...va.."

Tabby jumped in before Bella was successful. "Valium! She is say Valium! She must want that for the spasms and pain."

"Ok, Bells, I'll make sure they give you some." Charlie said, smoothing her hair.

Bella was then loaded up into the back of the ambulance and took off for the hospital.

Charlie approached Edward for information. "What the hell happened?!"

"I don't know Charlie. She all of a sudden dragged me out to our spot to tell me she no longer loves me and wants a divorce. She also told Renesmee she was good for nothing. I'm sorry, Charlie, but she has changed." He told Charlie the 95% truth.

Charlie gulped. "She hasn't ahhhh been hearing things, has she?"

Hearing things? This could be their opening for institutionalization.

Edward decided to knock the truth percentige down to about 80%. "Ahh, yeah. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, Charlie. I thought with Carlisle there, I could handle it. How did you know about hearing things."

"Her grandmother, Renee's mother, has schizophrenia. She had her psychotic break at Bella's age." Charlie explained.

"Oh my God, this is too good." Tabby whispered, so Charlie couldn't hear her.

"I will follow her to the hospital and call you later." Charlie left in his cruiser.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*The Cullen House*
Renesmee and Jacob were cuddling on the couch. He was trying to comfort her as much as he could.

Renesmee's worry washed away when she heard her aunt Tabby singing.

"Bella got ran over by a Buick.
Walking home from our meeting on Christmas Eve.
You can say there is no such thing as karma, but as for Amara and I, we believe!"

"Tabby, shut up it isn't Christmas, and really? 'Grandma got ran over by a reindeer'?" She heard her father ask.

"I'm working with what I got!"

Renesmee couldn't help but laugh.

"Now, that's what I love to see. A smile on that beautiful face." Jacob said.

"Well, expect to see it more often. It's only gonna get better from here."