24'𝙈𝙮 𝙃𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙆𝙚𝙣𝙬𝙖𝙮'

On your way with the crew, Sanji seemed to have enough strength to walk along, following the smoke in the air. You couldn't help but steal glances at Sanji on the other side, feeling a sense of separation. As you arrived at the village, a scene of devastation came into view, spreading wide across the village. Your face turned pale as you realized, "This is my hometown?" Emotions struggled to surface as you had no memories of living there.

As you and the crew made your way, a sudden male voice erupted, filled with rage. "Hey, who the hell are you?! Get out of this damn village!" The anger and intimidation in his voice were palpable as he approached you. However, his demeanor shifted when his eyes locked onto you. Softening his tone, he whispered, "Y/n?"

Luffy, completely caught off guard, exclaimed, "Wait, you guys know each other?" The tension in the air grew thicker, intensifying the moment.

You gave the guy a suspicious look, searching for answers about his identity. "Y/n! You're alive!" he exclaimed, his voice filled with relief. But before he could embrace you, Zoro and Sanji stepped in, blocking his path. "Hold on, sir. Introduce yourself before you get any closer to our friend," Zoro warned, his tone cautious.

The mysterious man in his thirties narrowed his brow at the boys, pausing before he strolled back to his business.

"I'm Kenway, a former crew member of The Boone Pirates. I used to be a second captain. Y/n, you were the little girl I used to protect back then. Unfortunately, your uncle wasn't a good person to you. I despised him, even though I was part of his crew. I thought I was the only survivor, but there are a few people here that I'm taking care of. Right now, I'm gathering wood for warmth and cooking. I'm sure you found your way here because of the smoke I'm creating in the air." He paused, contemplating how to secure his devastated town, before his face transformed into a friendly smile.

"Seems like you're a group. Come on in, and let's have a conversation," the mysterious man warmly invited them.

Inside the cozy small house, the crackling sound of the fireplace filled the air. The man graciously offered them tea, creating a peaceful atmosphere.

"Could you kindly tell me who you are and how my long-lost friend, the little girl, met you?" he asked, his protective instincts kicking in.

"I'm her captain, Monkey D. Luffy! I'm the one who convinced her to join our pirate crew! And yes, we're pirates, but don't worry, we're the good kind!" Luffy exclaimed proudly.

"I'm Usopp, her future bravest warrior!" Usopp chimed in with excitement.

The man's eyes shifted to Nami, and with a hint of sarcasm, she forced herself to speak. "Nami, and I've got nothing else to tell about myself."

Then his gaze shifted to Zoro, who spoke with calm confidence, "I'm Roronoa Zoro, the skilled swordsman."

Lastly, the man's eyes landed on Sanji, and his face lit up. Sanji began to speak, "And I am Sanji! Y/n's boyf—"

"—My protector! and the talented cook of our crew." You interrupted, "He's also training me to fight, he's an amazing mentor." Sanji playfully smiled appreciating your interruption and understanding your desire to keep things under wraps.

"Hmm, I see. Can you tell me what happened, Y/n? Where have you gone?" he asked with curiosity.

Feeling a sense of friendliness in his eyes, you mustered up the courage to trust him, even though he was a stranger. You apologized for not recognizing him and did your best to explain your situation.

The mysterious man understood, his emotions welling up as he spoke. "Y/n, so that's what happened to you. I'm so glad you're still here and that we've crossed paths again," he quivered. "Would it be alright if I give you a warm and friendly embrace?"

"Yeah, I guess that's alright," you replied, agreeing to his request. You hesitantly embraced him, feeling a mix of emotions as if he was a long-lost family member. Surprisingly, Zoro and Sanji allowed you to embrace the man, showing a glimmer of trust in him.

After the embrace, he opened up even more, sharing the details. He spoke about how his captain had selfishly abandoned the village, leaving devastation in his wake. "Instead of helping us, he vanished without a word. He hasn't changed since we were friends, only becoming more consumed by greed for treasure. I don't know where he is now, but I still hope he's alive," he revealed.

"So you're one of my former crew, and you said you used to protect me when I was a child?"

"Yes, that's right. Boone actually planned to sell you to other pirates, but I stopped him. I didn't want you to get hurt or be sold to someone else. You were like a young little sister to me. I even fought Boone once, sword against sword, in a tough battle. I may have lost, but I convinced him not to sell you," he explained.

Your face lights up with joy as you realize that he was the man from your memories all along. A tear escapes your eye as you finally meet the person who brought you comfort in your dreams.

"Why did you come here? You said you lost your memory. How did you know this was your hometown?"

"Uncle Boone actually sent a message that this town was devastated, and it's true. I thought this island didn't exist, but it's real."

"Y/n," the man called your name softly.

"I don't know what's in that message, but don't trust every word. What did he tell you?" he asked.