Chapter 7- A Sad Story

(TW- contains mention of rape and sexual harassment)

Tae pov

I sighed as I took a look at the clock for the ??? th time. Time just goes too slow when you want it to go quickly, doesn't it?

Currently, I was sitting on the edge of my bed in the room that we had rented to stay after the marriage since the reception was gonna take place in the same hall in the evening.

It was just 02:38 pm right now and reception would start around 05:30 pm. I still have a lot of time.

My older sister, Jisoo, just took y/n out of the room (the room was shared by us) because apparently, she wanted to create a 'special girl's group' with y/n.

I could see how y/n was uncomfortable and awkward being with me, so I just let her go so she would feel, at ease, at least, with Noona.

She would also open up a bit to my relatives. Damn, why am I thinking so much about her? Am I missing her already?

Yet, I wonder what she might be doing right now. Noona is a total crackhead even though she is married and has a child. I don't think y/n is the type of person to suit her.

I just sighed as I lay on my bed, trying to sleep, but I was nervous. I don't know how our relationship will end up. Will she blame me for everything?

~~~

A/n pov

The room was filled with various feminine laughter sounds. They were all enjoying gossiping. Even y/n, who had never really had a gossip session.

Jisoo, Tae's older sister, who forced y/n to join them, is married to Kim Seokjin and has a son named Kim Soojin.

There were other females too. Jennie, Tae's cousin, is married to Min Yoongi. Aera, Hoseok's wife was also there along with Sooyun, the only single present. (aka me)

They were all talking about some random stuff and enjoying it. All of them were bonding pretty well. Their husbands already having a friend group just made it easier for them.

Now that y/n has friends, she is a bit more comfortable. Not a bit, she was far more comfortable than she was before.

Jisoo- "y/n, your maid of honour, what was her name again? Oh yeah Chaeyoung, why don't you invite her? We could have another member in our group!"

Y/n- "Actually, she is not much interested in these things and she won't agree to come, so..."

Jisoo- "Oh, ok but hey, you aren't talking much! Tell us something about... how did you end up getting married to Tae?"

Silence.

Both y/n and Sooyun tensed up at the question. Of course, Sooyun knew about the forced marriage. After all, she was like y/n's little sister.

Jennie- "Y/n...you looked pretty upset on stage so...by any chance... were you, uh, forced into this marriage?"

Y/n tensed up even more, causing her to break into a cold sweat.
But she handled it skillfully as if she had done it a million times.

Y/n- "No! It's just... I'll miss Jiminssi that's it. I'm... just really attached to him."

Jennie- "Oh okay then, let's not get emotional here. Aera, tell us about yourself, how did an athlete like you end up with a real estate agent? That's a unique combo."

There was a round of laughter in the room. Aera then continued with a tint of blush on her cheeks. She finished telling them her story and then it was Jisoo's turn.

She too, told her own story. They were all enjoying, laughing and giggling. It was all fun and games until Sooyun spoke.

Sooyun- "Jennie unnie, tell us your story, how did a cat meet another cat?"
She said with a sly smile.

Suddenly it felt as if the atmosphere had changed. Everyone was silent and Jennie and Jisoo's expressions took a 360° turn.

Sooyun- "Did...did I say something wrong?"

Jennie- "No dear, it's just..."

Sooyun- "I'm sorry... You don't have to tell it if you're not comfortable."
Sooyun was then stopped by Jennie.

Jennie insisted on telling her story. It was then, at that moment, the most cheerful one in the group disclosed her traumatising story to everyone.

The said girl told her story, how she just went to buy groceries at night when she faced some drunk creeps. She was harassed and almost r*ped when her hero entered the scene.

Yoongi was just passing by the same street when he heard her scream for help. He came in and beat the guys and left them bleeding.

She then told how she was traumatised for years and her family, even a mere stranger like Yoongi tried to console her. She told how she became close to him and eventually ended up marrying him.

Her brother, Namjoon was too, deeply affected. So he set up a campaign for women. He made hospitals for women that have been raped which provide free abortions.

He donates money to families of poor people who lost their daughters due to this. He talks against child trafficking and sexual harassment along with Yoongi.

Everyone was in tears listening to the terrible story of such a cheerful girl. So, Jennie decided to lighten up the mood.

Jennie- "Well...that was my story. And what about you Sooyunie, do you have a boyfriend?"
Sooyun was about to speak when y/n spoke, gaining everyone's attention

Y/n- "No she's a single forever."
And there it was, a feminine round of laughter. All of them giggled, tears still in their eyes.

Y/n- "Aww...no I'm just kidding. You'll soon find the man of your dreams Yuni."
She said wiping her crystal tears after noticing the pout forming on Sooyun's face.

The environment was pretty light again. And they continued to talk until the clock struck 4:00 p.m. All of them went to their perspective rooms to get ready for the reception.

~~~

I guess it was a pretty boring chapter right? Don't worry Taehyung and y/n's scenes will soon start. Just giving some background info hehe☺️

Word count- 1042🌟