Chapter 40- Spicy texting

Y/n pov

I was getting ready for the business party in my bedroom, so as not to disturb Taehyung. I encountered some kind of strange emotion in his eyes.

When he came to pick me up at Nie's house, he didn't even say a single word to me, nor did he smile or even look at me. Straight-up ignore.

"Ignore? Me? Why?

Did I do something? Nah.

Wait...did he...lose interest in me?

No no no...it can't be..."

I snapped out of my overthinking session when I realised I was done with my makeup, just my lipgloss was remaining. I smiled remembering what happened when I ran out of lipgloss last time. But now I had tonnes of them.

Yet, I wanted to do that again, so, I smirked evilly as the plan popped right into my mind. I hopped out of my room and into his and found a sight hotter than the sun.

Tae- "I know I'm handsome."
He said in a veryyy cold voice.

Yes, I was drooling over him. But, how can he be as hot as the sun, but act as cold as the North Pole at the same time?

"Hmph! Bi-polar!"

I rolled my eyes internally.

Tae- "What do you want?"
He said rudely.

Y/n- "L...lipgloss"

He looked at me for a while and then asked.

Tae- "Didn't you buy, like, the whole store of lipgloss about a month ago? What happened to them?"

Y/n- "I...like yours better."

He just stared at me, and for a second, I could see his eyes looked hurt. I thought I was hallucinating, but I felt a pang in my heart when he just simply took his lipgloss out of the closet and forwarded it to me.

Zero emotions on his face.

I just stared at his hand for a while before he whispered, his voice different than usual.

Tae- "Do you want it?"

I felt like crying watching his cold behaviour, so I just shook my head and went away with my head hung low. I even hoped for him to stop me, but it crashed after I found myself plopping down on the couch in my room.

"Did he really stop caring for me? Why all of a sudden?"

I knew I was overthinking. He couldn't do something like that to me...maybe he just needed some time...alone?

I just decided to go with that and got up with a smile when I heard him calling for me.

~~~

We were heading towards the hall where the ceremony was being held, with Jinsoo's car trailing behind us. Taehyung was driving and I was in the passenger seat beside him.

I even noticed his change in behaviour while driving. Usually, he would hum or jam to the songs or would gossip with me. But now, it just felt like the car was driving on its own.

He didn't even look at his bootyphool waifu clearly!
*Flips hair*

I suddenly had the urge to ask him what was wrong, so, after debating with myself whether to ask him or not, I decided to just ask him.

Y/n- "Tae..."

Tae- "Hmm?"

Y/n- "Is everything alright?"
He smirked.