Chapter 26- Mystery Woman

A/n pov

He dialled the number hastily and put it to his ear. After a few rings the other side picked up making him happier than ever.

Soowook- "Ava...Ava, can you hear me?"
His voice was hoarse and almost unrecognisable. But she recognised her brother's voice quickly.

Ava- "Oppa?!" She exclaimed.
"Where are you? Why aren't you picking up my calls? I called you hundreds of times!"

Soowook- "Ava, I'm...I'm sorry. Please be safe and careful, and don't care about me okay?"

Ava- "But..."

Soowook- "Hello... Ava? Hello?"
He screamed at the phone as the connection was lost. More tears flow from his face.

Soowook- "Thank you so much. I can't be more thankful towards you."
He handed the phone back to the guard who had lent it to him.

~~~

Soowook was tied up on a chair with chains in a dark room. He looked up as he heard some footsteps coming towards him.

Jimin- "Hello Soowook."

Soowook- "Leave me."

Jimin- "Not so soon. Anyway, I have a guest for you today."

He pointed towards the door and in walked Ava, his only sister with a black face. He was completely shocked by her sudden appearance.

Soowook- "A...Ava?"

Jimin- "I hope you will answer me now that your sister is in the scene. Whom do you work for?"

Soowook- "Don't you dare hurt my sister!!"
He yelled with all his might.

Jimin- "Oh yeah? And what do you think I might've felt when you sent rapists for my sister?"
He fell silent.

Ava- "Oppa, he's right. You can't expect him to not hurt me when you did something inhumane with his sister. I never thought you could do such a thing."
Her tears were visible glistening in her eyes as she said all that.

Jimin- "So, what do you think?"
He took out his gun and pointed it on her forehead, while she didn't even flinch.

Soowook- "Park Chaeyoung. I work for Park Chaeyoung."

*Bang*

Everyone in the room tensed for a second but was relieved when they heard the glass pane behind them break. Ava flinched so badly that she fell right beside Jimin. He fluently caught her without even looking there.

Jimin- "Stop lying to me, you bastard!"
He said so loudly that the voice echoed through the whole building. Ava was still in his arms.

Soowook- "I'm not lying. I know she's your cousin and all, but I don't know why she's doing this. I needed money and she needed my help, so I did what I had to."

"Chaeyoung? But why would she?"
He sighed and rubbed his forehead.

Jimin- "Release him and make sure he gets proper medication. Find out about Park Chaeyoung's activities and whatever info you can find."
Her ordered his men who nodded obediently. He turned to leave but then a sweet voice stopped him.

Ava- "Thank you, Mr Park Jimin."

~~~

You wiped your face with a tissue and threw it in the bin while Taehyung paid for the food. He had taken you out on a dinner date because he wanted to tell you something. Although he didn't tell it.

Y/n- "You said you wanted to tell me something, but all we did was tease each other with weird nicknames."
You asked him as you sat in the car. He didn't reply, he just handed you a file.