Chapter 24- Arcade

A/n pov

Y/n- "Taehyung, do you really wanna bunk work? Besides, we also need to check out our new-"

Tae- "We will, and the files, Sooyun can do it, right Sooyun?"
He showed his famous puppy eyes which no one could deny and you had to agree.

Y/n- "Fine, but where do you want to go?"

Tae- "Somewhere I haven't been in a while. Let's go."

You drove to the place. The place was filled with colourful lights, and voices of people chatting and cheering. Many clicking noises came too. Then you realised.

Y/n- "An arcade?!"

Tae- "Yup. Let's go!"
He walked inside and you ran behind him to catch up.

Y/n- "Taehyung... I've never been to an arcade before..."

Tae- "Really? Well, now you have!"
He smiled and took your hand in his, walking side by side.

Tae- "You know, we come here very often, mostly to calm our minds."

Y/n- "Woahh, I thought Mafias go clubbing and all to calm their minds."

Tae- "Well, clubbing is not really our thing. I've only gone clubbing like... Twice."

Y/n- "Wow, you all are the nicest and the sweetest Mafias to ever exist."

Tae- "Here."
He tossed you a VR glass. You had unknowingly walked towards a VR racing game and you decided to play it.

Y/n- "Racing?!"
He hummed.

Tae- "Ever tried it before?"

Y/n- "No. But you're gonna lose for sure."
He raised his eyebrows as you put on the glasses.

There was an instructor who guided you on how to do it and showed you all the controls. You both sat on the chair and the game was turned on.

You had never tried VR before and as soon as it turned on, the whole world around you transformed. Taehyung's car was beside you and it felt too real. You were astonished by how far the technology had gone.

Y/n- "Get ready to lose Kim Taehyung"
You said excitedly and the match began.

Tae- "We'll see that, Kim y/n."
You were both very focused on the finishing line.

The line came closer and closer. And you both hit the line almost at the same time, you couldn't even see who won. You crossed your fingers as the results were being analysed.

"Aaaand the winner is... Player 1!!"
You excitedly said up and clapped your hands as you both took out your glasses.

Y/n- "See I told you I'll win, loser!"
You stuck your tongue out at him.

Tae- "Shut up...we still have two rounds left."
The second round started and it was again a close call but this time Taehyung won.

Tae- "Say what now...loser?"
He mocked you and you pouted.

Y/n- "We still have a round left...and you've played this already."

The third round started. It was very intense and Taehyung was very much ahead of you. He heard you mutter curses under your breath. He also remembered the pure happiness on your face after you won. So, he intentionally turned his steering wheel as if he lost balance. And you won.

Y/n- "Woohoo!! I won"
You started jumping around like a child and he watched you in awe.

Y/n- "Oh man, we should've made a bet. I could've got free ice cream."
You pouted lightly.