Chapter 17- Betrayal

A/n pov

Yes, it was real. A real, working gun.

Y/n- "Wh...what's this?"
You asked with a shaky breath.

The black haired male who was searching the file now had a red one in his hands. He looked up at you with an oh-so-innocent face.

Soowook- "What Ma'am?"
He followed your gaze and looked at the gun. A smirk found its way to his lips.

Soowook- "That's a gun."
He said simply, shrugging his shoulders as if the metal thing couldn't just kill someone in an instant.

Y/n- "I...I know but...but what's it doing here?! And why do you have it?"
You asked, the words barely coming out.

Soowook chuckled lightly and looked at you again with an unreadable expression. You grew extremely terrified and confused.

Soowook- "Ma'am, it's not mine. It's Mr. Kim's. He forgot it here."
That's it.

You felt the ground underneath crack as dizziness took over you. You had been suspicious of him from Day 1, but after his sugarcoated behaviour with you made you change your thoughts completely.

Y/n- "W...why does he have it?"
You asked, tears already falling down your cheeks.

He chuckled again. And it made you look stupid in front of him. Although you already know the reason, you wanted confirmation. You weren't ready to accept this. But the initials 'KTH' on the gun just confirmed your doubts.

Soowook- "Sorry ma'am, but isn't it obvious? A mafia obviously has a gun."
He said not aware of the fact that those words crumpled the world beneath your feet.

Or maybe he was aware of it...

It was just awkward silence and then, you picked up the gun with shaky hands as you paced through the door. You went back to your cabin, took your purse and drove back home.

The black haired male smirked in satisfaction as he talked on the earpiece.

Soowook- "Done Ma'am."

???- "Good job Soowook."
The other side sounded.

~~~

Namjoon- "Oh. My. God. Taehyung, so you seriously lost your gun?!"
Taehyung smiled awkwardly.

Tae- "I'll find it hyung, it must be somewhere-"

Yoongi- "It must be somewhere?! How can you be so careless Taehyung?"
He muttered a sorry and started looking for it.

It was almost evening and they all were having a meeting. They were gathered at Tae's house for discussion because everyone else's wasn't safe because of their wives. Besides, y/n was out and wasn't gonna return until 8:00 pm.

Taehyung checked each and every corner, even y/n's room, but couldn't find it. He returned to the main hall where the rest of the six boys were discussing something.

Hobi- "Yes, we definitely must plan it. Aera is growing more and more suspicious and I'm afraid she'll find it out from someone else."

Jin- "Yeah, it's better if we tell them ourselves other than them knowing it from someone else."

Tae- "Uhmm...guys?"
Everyone turned to look at him who was standing with an apologetic face.

Tae- "I...uhm...we have lots of guns right?"
They looked at him with a done face.

Tae- "Fine. I lost it."
He said and pouted, hoping to melt them with his cuteness. Instead, they looked at him as if they saw a ghost.

Or maybe behind him.