Chapter 16- Hidden Secrets

A/n pov-

Tae- "Chill out girl"

Y/n- "What are you doing here?"
You said lowering your hand.

Tae- "I'm...going somewhere."

Y/n- "No! You're following me. What do you think, I'll get kidnapped?"

Tae- "Well, I did but after watching how you almost broke my nose, it made me think otherwise."

Y/n- "Oh come on! I'm not a child, I can take care of myself!"
You snapped back at him.

Tae- "I know y/n." He said in a soft understanding voice.
"But it's too late. And you're not a normal person anymore."
He said making you suspicious of him.

Y/n- "What do you mean?"
You arched your eyebrows at him.

Tae- "I mean...you, you're married now!"

Y/n- "So?"

Tae- "So? Now it's my responsibility to take care of you. I can't handle it if something happens to you."
You sighed with a done face.

"Is he hiding something?"
You thought.

You were about to say something when you heard a shrill, ear-piercing sound which dug through your earbuds almost making you scream. But before you could, Taehyung covered your mouth and quickly pulled you into a small alley.

'Shit' you heard him mutter under his breath.
Y/n- "W...was that..a gunshot?"
You asked with a shaky voice as tears welled up in your Hazel eyes.

Tae- "Yes...y/n, do you trust me?"
He said and cupped your face in his large palms coming closer to you, making your breath hitch.

Y/n- "Why are you asking that?"

Tae- "Just answer me, do you trust me?"
He asked softly and you nodded your head nervously, not aware of whatever was happening.

He pulled out his phone and dialled someone's number. The person picked up almost in no time as if waiting for the call. You could hear the conversation since you were so close to him.

???- "Are they already there?"
The voice sounded utterly familiar to you but you ignored it because of the millions of things going on in your head.

They talked a bit more and Taehyung quickly declined the call after seeing your tears start to fall.
Tae- "Stop crying y/n..."

Y/n- "What... What's happening Taehyung?"
You said as more tears dropped from your eyes.

Tae- "Nothing's happening y/n..."
Just as he finished saying that, another gunshot was fired making you flinch so badly, that you almost fell.

Taehyung grabbed you, wrapped his palms around your ears firmly and shushed you. You were sobbing at this point. You were also getting suspicious about him.

You always went to your apartment alone, but this never happened to you.

But why now?

And how did he know it already?

Just the thought made you cry even more. What if he's doing something wrong? Just when you had thought that something was possible between you both, this happens.

Another gunshot and you felt his phone buzzing slightly. The eerie feeling in the surroundings felt like going away as Taehyung released you from his embrace and smiled softly.

Tae- "Let's go."

~~~

You both reached your apartment shortly after, you were sprinting almost all the time. You just wanted to get away from there and confront Taehyung about what was going on.