Chapter 38- Sufferings

A/n pov

The new pictures were framed and put into the main hall, expressing your love and showing it publicly to everyone.

You felt something warm in your heart when Taehyung said he wanted to frame it in the hall, where it is the most visible to everyone, it was as if he wanted everyone to know that you belonged to him.

Everything in your life was perfect, you had your prince charming, your company was perfectly going on, and the villains were in their right place (jail, not hell).

But something was missing. Parents.

You cried endlessly at nights because of them, yet their absence was killing you. You hated them, yes, but you still craved for parental love which Taehyung couldn't provide by any means.

However, you didn't know someone else was having the same feelings.

~~~

Jennie was gonna give birth in about a week, and everyone was over the moon to welcome the new mini kitten. You and Taehyung bought lots of little clothes and toys for the newcomer.

You were currently at Jennie's house to help her along with Narae, Namjoon's girlfriend. She was very shy at first but eventually loosened up after a while.

And Taehyung was at the office, working as usual. He was so immersed in his work, that he flinched when the phone rang all of a sudden. It was from Sooyun, informing him of something unsettling.

She informed him that Mr Park Jinyoung, y/n's father was coming to meet her.

Taehyung's mood immediately dropped and he looked at the door. As expected, after a few seconds, the door was knocked and Taehyung mumbled 'Come in'.

There he was standing, the man whom he never wanted to see again. He always wished for him to stay away from you, so as not to hurt you anymore.

The reason for all the tragedies in your life.

Your father.

Tae- "Why are you here?"
He said trying not to sound rude.

Mr Park- "I...want to talk to my daughter."
He said in a low voice, taking a seat in front of Taehyung.

Tae- "I'm sorry Mr Park, but you cannot meet her. Not now, never."
He said straight to the point.

Mr Park- "I just want to talk to-"

Tae- "For 7 months, I've tried to fix her broken heart. I've been constantly fixing her world which was completely destroyed by you. And now, I believe it will break again if you return. And I might not be able to rebuild it."
He said in a monotone, secretly feeling bad for the old man.

Mr Park- "I...I know Taehyung... B... But I don't want to return to her life. I...I just want to apologise!"
He said with his head hung low. Taehyung chuckled.

Tae- "It's too late to apologise now, Mr Park."

Jinyoung looked down in shame. He knew he couldn't get her back now. Over the past few months, both Jinyoung and Haewon grew more and more guilty because of what they did to you.

Jimin had cut off all the ties with them, and that's when they realised their mistake. They were left alone, which made them realise that money really cannot buy happiness.

Soon the guilt had started to eat them up, causing hearted arguments between the couple. They wanted so badly to apologise to you, especially when they got to know about the continuous attacks targeted at you.

Jinyoung stood up, pain visible in his eyes, and turned around to leave when Taehyung stopped him.

Tae- "Do you really regret what you did, Mr Park?"