Chapter 30- Relationship

A/n pov

Tae- "What do you mean I'm not your husband?"

Y/n- "Means I don't accept y-"
You were cut off by him pecking your lips.

Tae- "Look, my baby, accept it or not. It's the truth that we are now married. We are husband and wife and we are gonna be together until the end. Unless... You want to leave me."
He said softly. You were flustered by his sweet words.

Y/n- "Doesn't mean you can kiss me... You're speaking of having a relationship of husband and wife. Do you even know what's important in a relationship? Trust. Which you don't have on me."
You were on the verge of crying.

Tae- "But...we can improve it! Can't we just live like a normal couple? Why do we have to pretend to care about each other, why can't we just actually care for each other?!"

Y/n- "Because I don't need you Taehyung! You're always out there proving how I can't be happy by myself! I don't need those kisses and hugs to prove to everyone how contented I am!"
You said in the same tone as him.
"I'm independent."

You were very angry and you didn't have any sense of what you were saying or how you were hurting him. But he knew that you were not in your correct senses and that your mind was a complete mess.

He pulled you towards him and embraced you. He slightly tightened his grip around you, as if telling you that he was there for you. You finally let it all out and cried in his arms.

Tae- "I don't think sharing a hot kiss with your husband makes you dependent on him baby..."
After a few more minutes in his arms, you broke the hug.

Tae- "I'm not proving to others how I care for you by kissing you. I just genuinely have the urge to taste your lips."

Your cheeks got heated up when he said that. You finally calmed your racing heart and went to have lunch with him. It was after almost a week you were alone, eating with him.

Tae- "Why do you suddenly get angry? I mean, if you have something in your mind, you can tell me."

You again felt like he was sympathising with you. But being honest, you liked it. You liked his company, his once-in-a-while compliments, and even his kisses.

You felt comfortable with him. You had never felt like this. It was like your mind was fighting with itself whether to trust him or not. But this time, you gave up.

You decided you would try giving a chance to your heart. If his care for you is real, then you would definitely accept it.

Y/n- "Taehyung, I'm really sorry. I...I shouldn't have talked to you like that. It's not your fault my life is trash..."

Tae- "No y/n, don't say that. I know something's bothering you."
You took a deep breath before continuing.

Y/n- "I...I don't understand... How can Rosie do something like that? I've known her my entire life and... She was never like this. It feels like a whole new person appeared in my life."
You then discussed a lot more things with him while eating peacefully.

You felt like he was actually trying to be a good husband. Despite you constantly trying to push him away, he always stayed by your side. He always understood you, no matter what.

Although there was a lack of trust from both the sides, you understood it would take time. No relationship is perfect, and neither is yours. There are always some flaws in someone and you need to accept them to have a good relationship.

That's what a relationship is, isn't it? So, you thought of giving it a chance.

~~~