Chapter 29- Dinner Date

A/n pov

You were still not talking to Taehyung. He was trying hard to talk to you, but you didn't budge. He talked to Jimin, Hobi and even Jungkook about how to make your anger go away.

But all they did was wish him luck. Jungkook also apologized after knowing he had increased the gap between them.

Rosé too, had been acting weirdly. She often visited Taehyung and talked to him a lot. You weren't in the mood to have lunch with him, so she went with him instead. You were burning with jealousy, but you trusted both Rosé and Tae, they wouldn't betray you.

However, you didn't know that Taehyung felt extremely uncomfortable around her. He only viewed her as a business partner, or maybe a friend. But he felt like you were pushing him away when you let him go alone with a girl.

Taehyung was in his room, and Rosé walked in. He smiled at her, and she did the same while taking a seat in front of him.

Rosé- "Tae, I've noticed that you and y/n do not talk to each other often. Is there something bothering you?"

He looked up at her. He didn't know her evil intentions yet and believed that she could maybe help him.

Tae- "Yes, we...kind of had an argument and now she is mad at me."
She chuckled softly and put her palm on his on the desk.

Rosé- "Oh Tae, she is like that from the start. Once she gets mad, she won't forgive you anytime soon."
Taehyung felt uncomfortable. He just laughed it off a pulled his hand, pretending to check something on his phone.

Rosé- "Tae, you know, I've wanted to have a close friend like you for so long. I've never really had one."
Taehyung felt better when she called him a close friend.

Rosé- "Let's go somewhere out today! What do you think?"

Tae- "Uhm...I don't think y/n will come..."

Rosé- "Oh she doesn't have to. We can go alone."
He thought for a second.

Tae- "I'll ask her and tell you later ok?"
She pretended to be ok when she was cursing you.

Rosé- "Alright, text me if you'd come so I'll text you the address, bye!"
She went outside and Taehyung felt something off.

He noticed how she tried to humiliate you. He wondered if she had been trying to get close to him, but shrugged it when he remembered her genuine smile.

He knocked on your door and heard a 'come in' so he went inside. You glanced up at him and rolled your eyes, submerging yourself in work again.

Tae- "Hey y/n!"
He cheered like he used to do about a month ago.

He decided to speak when you didn't reply.
Tae- "Actually, Chaeyoung asked me if I could go out with her. Can I?"
He asked awkwardly.

Y/n- "Why? Who am I to allow you?"
You were kind of impressed though, he could've gone without asking, but he chose to get your permission.

Tae- "Please y/n, just tell me, can I go? I won't-"

Y/n- "Yes you can."
You answered with a heavy heart.

~~~

He didn't want to leave, but he had promised Chaeyoung that he would come. She had texted him the address, and he was driving there.

It's not like they didn't care for each other, they did. It's just that, Taehyung thinks y/n is trying to move on from him because she talks almost every day with Jungkook, and Y/n thinks Taehyung is trying to move on from her by hanging out with Rosé.