Chapter Four

What?

Ok, is this some sick game or am I missing something here? What's with the flowers and the note? We talked, I apologized, and he said he'll collect his debt, not send me flower... trying to romanticize me. Ok, I'm getting very ahead of myself. My mind simply shrugs its shoulder as if nothing in here is unusual.

Hold on! Who is apologizing to whom? It should be me who had to send him flowers! My list is longer than him! Obviously. What is wrong with him! Why is he so intimidating? Gosh, did he have no one tell him he's an arrogant billionaire before?

I scold at the card and then flowers. Is he trying to pull something here? Is he one of those who shows up at my doorstep asking to have sex? So many questions twirl in my head. Finally, after all the deadly gazes, I send to those innocent orchids lying in the box, I fill a vase with water and put them in. They smell really good.

It's been so long I haven't received flowers, I wasn't that kind of girl going around high school, dating random guys, I was more like those girls chatting with their BFFs and occasionally going out to a café and stay inside the rest of the time. Unlike me, Ella and Alice both have the balls to do reckless things; although they try to tag me along, I don't consider myself that much of a reckless.

For a few minutes, I allow myself to watch the flowers as if any moment something might happen, but inside, I think back to the eyes that have been haunting me in my dream, the same eyes watching me closely in the club last night.

Inside, I know I'm just making excuses and lie to myself. I should talk to my auntie. She knows how I can get rid of this tycoon- meaning, how I can get closer to him. He is getting on the last nerve of me, he confuses me to a new level.

My phone rings up, giving me a start. As I dash for it, I half expect it to be him, as if he has magically found my phone number, which wouldn't be too difficult for a man like him.

"Well, hello to you too, stranger."

"Hi, auntie," I hear my aunt's voice. She is the only woman who was there for me for the majority of my teen years. Mostly because I used to live with them before they left LA for New York. She is understanding and kind.

She is the only one in my mother's family whose marriage has lasted more than twenty years. I trust her; maybe more I do with my own mother. After my dad's death, my mom married again and because she was about to leave Los Angeles to Chicago and I didn't like to go with them, I stayed with my aunt for eleven years until Peter, my uncle, found a job position in New York so they left here, and I stayed.

"How are you, honey? Everything's good at work?" She always treats me like her own daughter because they didn't have one. Elisabeth and Peter never withheld what they had for me, they acted like I was their own child and I really appreciate for what they've done for me.

"Yeah. Everything is fine. I'm sorry I haven't called you, I-."

"Been busy?" she interrupts me, "I know honey. I understand."

"Thank you," I sigh, my hand playing with the corner of my notepad I keep on my counter,

"Well, I know that sigh. Tell me what's going on. Something is bothering you,"

"I... it's just...," I try to find a way to ditch the question, but am unable, "there is this guy, whom I embarrassed myself in front of him, but apologized. Anyways, long story short, he's sent flowers, orchids to be exact, and I don't know what's the meaning of this?" I left out the part where he kissed the back of my hand and then brush his hand on my naked back. Ok, well, I might have deleted the drunken scenes too... and I may not tell we're talking about a billionaire...