Chapter Five

"Hi. Table for Miss. Brown?" I say stuttering to the girl standing at the reception. She looks through the list in front of her and then looks up at me with a swift smile.

"Miss. Brown, please follow me through." She heads the way and I follow her. The restaurant is very classic and especial for a date or so as it seems. The cream chairs and tables match the cream walls perfectly. The design is so fantastic that I instantly start using my interior design powers inmy head, thinking of new ideas for dining rooms.

There are a lot of couples eating and chatting. She pauses, stays aside, and waves to a table next to her and there he sits, wearing a gray suit and a black with blue dots or shapes on its tie.

His eyes are burning into mine and again, those fireworks blow up in my head. When he see me, his lips squire into a smile, I walk further as he stands up from his seat and turns the table around to reach me. The girl who showed me the way is gone now. His hand grab mine and brings it to his lips. A soft kiss on my knuckles and I'm already gone. I swallow at the electric shock, he sends through me, but I don't back off.

"Hi, Laura. Thank you for coming. Come on, let's sit." He leads me to my seat and sits me on the seat like a gentleman. Then he pushes my chair a little closer to the table. Very gentle of him. Still smiling like he is enjoying a private joke, which I guess I know what it is, he takes his seat. At least it's about what we all think right?

"I see you have a good taste in choosing restaurants," I ask him as guilty as I can, hoping I don't sound too eager. I bet he takes all his girlfriend to this restaurant on the first date.

"Well, I consider meals an important part of any meeting. Especially if I'm going to meet a cooperator. I need to choose carefully so they wouldn't judge wrong. Besides, I thought maybe a dinner would break some of our walls and as well let us forget about what happened the other night or the day." Gee, does he really need to mention that embarrass moment in my life?

"Oh. Well, I don't think I'm interested in co-operating, thanks, though." Of course, I throw a guilty glare at him.

"I was aiming for something else anyways. Who knows what happens a second later?" That statement gets my attention. It just proves I'm not the only one here who feels this tension between us. I snap out of those thoughts immediately before it's too late and he gets to me. No, I can't go there. I can't think of that.

I smile kindly at him just to show him I accept what he said, though.

"I'm sorry, but I have already ordered. I hope you like it!" He is a little nervous. Wow, Andrew Martinez and being nervous. It's so unlike him. Did I just call him Andrew?

Holds on, when did I start getting this cozy with him? I should despise him and then fear him and then be embarrassed of him. Long list, short, this will turn out to be disaster. I nod at him, but for a second our eyes lock into each other, drinking each other's soul. I flush eventually and look away.

Something amuses him, and he softly chuckles. I still ignore him, prete ding the painting next to us is more interesting.

Suddenly,he growls and takes out his phone from his pocket. He answers it with such bitter taste.

"Martinez," he pauses, "what? ... No... Don't do it until I tell you." He looks at me and then smiles again. I think he notices that he is being a little harsh and that I have noticed it. He continues,

"No no... Look, I can't answer you now. Call me later." He hangs up without a goodbye. Such a business man! He turns his phone off and then put it back in his pocket. "Sorry, I should have answered it."

"Oh, it's fine by me. Don't worry."

"So, how's work? How are holding up with the new collaboration?"