Chapter Thirty Four

"You bought into the contract, you agreed that your safety and your well-being are associated with the contract and I should be aware of, you agreed you will be present in the days you indicated, you agreed to this mess yet you dare to defy against it? You dare to defy me?" he looks me in the eye for the first time, the red cheek of his, a reminder of my cruelty toward him makes me look guilty.

"I'm not defying you, I'm only stating the fact, because you don't see them," I hiss.

"You made a mistake, your mistake broke the contract's rules, and according to our filthy agreement, I had all the rights to know where the-"

"And you know what? Fuck your contract, I never thought this would bring us to here, but now that I do, I want out. This is too much, I can't take it," somehow my strong voice little by little becomes only a whisper.

"I can't let you go," he stares back into my eyes, his eyes brooding into mine, burning.

"You can't keep me either. Why are you still stucj to the contract when you told me multiple times I'm not like others? When you told me I'm special to you, now can't you find it a little bit cruel to push away your words? Stop this dominant act," I poke my finger at his chest, with my little push getting him off guard since he was not ready for the sudden move. "Do you see what you are doing? The contract is void, you need to make up your mind,"

"The contract was never void. You should know by now that I can't stop it, so don't expect me to void the contract. I. Can't. Let. You. Go." He almost yells the words.

"Why are you like this, Andrew? What made you this cold hearted person as you are? I know there is goodness in you," I say bravely than ever. Love is not inability, it's just strange. He told me numerous times that he is not able to find love in his heart, but I've never asked him how can possibly he doesn't love anyone. Everyone has a sort of love in their heart, one way or another.

I reach back and touch the place I just slap, I know he's in pain for that and for many other things. But I feel his pain is pushing my heart too.

I don't know if I should feel confused and let the strange feeling of fear go away or I should tremble of the man who is standing tall before me. I have no idea what this man is capable of. Hell, I don't know him at all. As I stand here, I stare at him closely, reading his eyes that are perfectly covering him and his inside. The very first moment I met him, I knew he was a man of promise and demand, but I never knew he can take this to a level that is making me suffocated. His eyes are not the same, nor is his face. Who is this man? What have I signed up to?

"I know you don't want to tell, and I'm perfectly ok with it, but don't expect me to be open to you," I know I'm playing a game with nothing in my hands, but what can I say- that Andrew is playing unfair- he always does that. He's always despot to himself and others.

"Cut it out, Laura. Your safety is my concern, for all I know you're reckless and stupid enough that you had yourself raped," he shouts and I gasp at words.

What did he just say? I've never openly talked about my rape, of course, other than my friends and the few therapies I've been to, but having him tell me those words dig into my heart. He not only put the blame on me, but also reminded me of what a stupid and naïve girl I am. It wouldn't have hurt if anyone else had said those words, but I never expected Andrew to outburst on me with such hurtful words. It hurts.

"I know you're hurting but you don't need to be mean to me. You can hide all you want and I'm going to stop demanding answers from you, but know that I'm hurt too. You told me I'm special, you told me you don't want to leave me, you told me you want this forever," I start throwing his sentences at him, he looks away, turns his back to me, afraid that my words will crack him. "You told me you want to be my man, the person who can love me, so what is with you and hiding under your rock and hurting me? I put aside everything, even my damn rules, even the fact that I feel subconscious after what happened to me, I didn't even want anyone to touch me, but I came to you, I agreed to your rules, why can't you do the same? Don't you dare ever tell me those words again," A single tear rolls down my cheek, but I keep my emotions at bay and actually managed to say the things that are needed to say without breaking down.