Chapter Twenty Eight

Mature content ahead.... Read on your risk...

The melody of the song warm and mellow, playing smoothly in the background makes our body in sync, dancing like a pro. I'm not a dancer, let alone being in the arms of a man, swinging side to side, yet, these moves are special, unique. The sound of the music lifts your spirit and exhilarates you.

Holding his arm around my waist, tight and secure, he leads me across the floor. My hands, one on his shoulder, the other holding our joint hands, his tangled around mine, we dance. As the song progresses, my tension and the stress of the night flies away like a scared bird in the morning light. My heart beat joins the beating of the song, low and small. Because I'm in his arms. I savor the moment and let him lead me to this dance.

"Tell me something I don't know about you?"

The question comes out my mouth. The insecurity and fear of being rejected can be felt in my voice. Yet his eyes stay focused on me, focused and steady. He looks nothing shocked or taken back but simply deep in thought.

"Do you want to play a game then?" Is his answer. Denial is what I face instead of rejected, not as horrible it is, but it has much more power of the same feelings.

At this moment, he let go of my waist and without joint hands, he let go of me to have swirl before he wraps his arms around me, making my back hit his front and with that with still continue to swing from one foot to another.

"Maybe," I reply.

"What do you want to know?" his voice comes as a whisper next to my ear and dangerously so close. The heat of his breath can be felt on my ear and my neck. He gently bit down on my earlobe, making me release the caged moan in my throat.

"Tell me about your past? Tell me what made you who you are now, today?" I think for a second. What exactly I want to know about this man that I don't know about? Everything.

With a swift move, I'm swinging and swirling with my hand secured in his hand as if he's afraid to let go. Completing my turn, I come back face to face with him. Now that I can see his eyes, I feel more fickle than ever. What scares me the most is the way he would feel afterward, when he doesn't reply and he feel as if I'm a sneaky one who tried to monitor him. And I don't want that expression from him. I have never thought I would come across a man so powerful in people's world, yet inside he's insecure in himself. I'm no physiologic nor have I ever taken those boring classes in high school, yet I feel this man before me with all his power and capacity is a 3-year-old boy looking all lost and confused.

"I went to college for just two years before I quit more like I've got dropped." When he actually replies to my question, after a good minute of silence, I feel the weight taken from me.

"That's not a new thing, I already knew that," out of everything, I decide to be cheeky.

Hypothetically, it's not true, I knew he didn't go to college, but the specific story that he got dropped in the second year of college is brand new. But still, I wanted to why. I don't want to push him or put him under a microscope and try to divide his secrets until something is said, yet, the curiosity is still there.

"Well, how about this? My mother married when I was seventeen, I had to move on, not because they didn't accept me, but because I felt betrayal to my father as if my mother cheated on him, although he was long dead 5 years before it. I couldn't stand them because every time I looked at them, I saw my father. So Cr...,"

He pauses. I know there's more to his story, but I know by the look in his eyes this is the end.

We dance in silence as if nothing has happened. In this instance, I don't fail to notice his tense figure and his haunted eyes, the one whose secrets are screaming to be flown away, far far away. He looks tortured and trapped. Whatever is in his past is killing him inside out.