Chapter Eleven

After making sure the wall before me doesn't move since I have been staring at it blankly for a good hour or so, I walk over to where the paper as known as the contract is lying. As much as I tried to ignore its existence, not only in my apartment but as well as my whole life, I come to the conclusion that this very contract in my hand is the only connection I have with Andrew and that reason alone makes me disgusted by this bunch of paper.

Going through the papers, I find my brain shutting itself. This is mind blowing. I can tell he made sure by all means that he doesn't get attached to me. I bet he had a lawyer or something to make sure all the ties are loosened.

I grab another paper and start taking note of all the things I would like to make a change. The good thing now is that I have enough time to think through it and make jokes about what is written without having Andrew frowning at me for it. The bad thing is that I don't have him to annoy him.

Finally, after half an hour, I have read through it and made all my notes, to be honest, I thought it might take more time. Who knew four pages or something papers can take upon your life? Even my essays back in college didn't have that power.

-Are you there?

I wait for about two minutes, full of stress over thinking that he won't respond. Somehow, I wonder what he's doing now. Is he taking advantage of the time and enjoying his time in some strip clubs? Is he home now? Who he is with? What he's doing? These questions, although I shouldn't think of since this isn't my business, they wouldn't leave me alone.

-Yeah, are you ready?

-Yeah, guess I am.

-You go first... I'm just wondering what you have added or changed!

I shuffle through my papers and my notes to bring up the notes. Finally, I send my first thoughtful remark.

-I have chosen Sat, Thu, Tue.

I refer to the days I should be with him. I try to think of it as a work schedule, right? A job in which you can find your true Prince Charming. Don't lie to yourself. We both know it's not that, my mind snaps at me. On the other side, my heart sings softly 'follow your heart, your feelings'. I make a rifle-pit between their fight and hide there.

-Why not Sun?

He replies. Why not? Let's give him one thousand reasons of why not that day.

- I thought it's negotiable; do U make an exception for me Mr. Martinez or what? I would rather have a day in the weekend to myself.

- Why Miss. Brown even from far you seem to have your sarcasm with you. The Good thing is that UR not here. I think I might come to you...

- If U put a step into my apartment, I won't sign the contract of urs.

There. How does it feel to use your own weapon against you, Andrew? I shall thank this contract after all.

-Ok, but Sat, Sun and Tue are my final. There is no negotiation on this. Period.

- Ok Gee, U R so stubborn!!! Alrighty, if that is it, I want two months. Dare U to say a thing.

I type back. My mind wickedly smirks as a victory. But here comes the real question, how long I want it to be? As long as every cell in my body follows my heart, and as my heart wants it to never end, I might say forever, even if forever means forever being nobody to him, may at least he finds some place in his heart for me to love. But that's a dream, and here we are in reality. There is a yes-or-no, there is could be-and-would be, and I'm in the middle of nowhere.