Chapter Six

"Would you like to come up?"

"Up? I don't know, you're sure? I don't like to bother." Oh good, so he doesn't like this end either. And actually I think that he is getting nervous, well that's new.

"Bother? You do know that you would never be a reason to bother for women," and unfortunately, that rule doesn't leave me behind. "Of course not. Parking garages are there. You can have mine since I don't have a car." I smile at him. I'm happy now. Like a two-year-old girl got her lollipop that she was asking for a while.

He drives to parking garages while I tell him where to go. He applies the directions, then parks. We both come out of the car at the same time. And we both walk over to the elevators at the same time. The apartment building has ten floors and mine is on the eighth floor so we don't need to wait so long for the elevator. We are whisked up to the eighth floor almost immediately.

When we come out of the elevator, he gets my hand as he did when we were at the restaurant. His hands are so warm you can feel comfort in them; I think I'm already obsessed with his hands, just wondering how it feels against my skin when it's exploring every each of my body... I get out of that nasty dream by the sight of my apartment door, since when I start getting all fangirl over him?

He releases my hand only to let me open up the door. I fish the keys from my purse and open it. I step in and he follows me through, honestly, I'm so glad I have cleaned the apartment unless he would run away.

"Would you like some coffee?" I ask politely. Well, he is a guest and I should treat him the best. Like hell, you are treating him! My mind again starts to kick in but I shut it down for now. One thing I need to learn is, to become reckless and free will, and step one so far is to see if I can have a one night stand with him, that is if he's not looking for me... ok, I sound so creepy, since when I came up with the idea of a one-night stand?

"Yes, please." He nods his head and then turns to the painting on the wall. It's a distraction, it's so obvious. He doesn't like to look me in the eye now. So there's evidence of why it's not just me who has those thoughts then.

"Why don't you have a seat? Help yourself, you've been here before." I call him from the kitchen, though I'm making coffee and pretending like I'm focusing on what I'm doing, but truly I can see him from the corner of my eye. He turns around and looks at me for some minute, then sits on the sofa.

"You should know that I was kinda bluffing about the club night," I stop making coffee and turn to face him. His eyes are already fixed on me. "When I brought you here, you weren't alone. One of your friends actually helped me and she was here with me all the time, then we left you and take her home as well."

My eyes are popping out. Why would he say that then? I was like a dead body for three days imagining how it would look like if I was like a stone and he put me in bed. His confess the other night seemed so convenient, though. But the fact that it shattered me to death doesn't make it less.

"Although, she wasn't that bad drunk like you were, and I might add you didn't actually vomit on me."

All I can say is just, "oh" I don't still get it, why saying things that didn't happen then?

"Oh, you are an asshole or oh, you're such a gentleman?" Puff, gentleman? Him? I think 'asshole' explains it, better.

But I keep my ideas for myself. "Actually, oh why would you say that?" I start the process again, only to avoid the eye contact, the only thing that makes my heart beat faster and my knees shaking and my mind blowing.

"I don't know. Maybe, I just wanted to talk more with you since you don't talk much."

Taking the tray, I enter my living room and face him. I hand his coffee, then sit next to him on the sofa. However, I want to sit a little closer, much closer that our bodies touch each other but I keep my distance. Maybe that step is a little more. Especially, for someone like him who doesn't seem to be in a relationship. Is it heartwarming or should I be scared? Okay, that's way too long to step in.