Chapter Fifteen

Why would a file with my name on it, be on his desk? I couldn't help the anxiety and butterflies and at the same time, madness inside me. But to top it all, it's fear that creeps in me most. The only thing I am or maybe was afraid is for him to know about the secrets I'm holding inside. And the only reason a file with my name is here is the same.

They all include the fact that he knows.

With shaking hands and swallowed heart, I pick up the file and open it slowly. The very first page is the addresses from where I live, work and my phone numbers and my social security number. The second page is about my families and where I was born and grown. And the last one was about my high school and university.

I am thrilled and hell freed that he hasn't yet found out about my past. But then after these three pages, there was a very slightly photo, which shows me at the party where I shouldn't have to be, where every single misery of mine happened there,

"Laura," the sound behind me calls me. The file in my hand slips out and flutters on the floor. It wasn't because of me being scared that I dropped them, it was the realization. He knows.

My legs start to shake; my body can't hold itself no more. I put my hand on the desk for support and lean into it. He knows. My most fear comes alive. I knew he could get information about whoever he wants, but the secret was hidden from everyone for years now, the only people know it is my friends, Alice and Ella and my ex whom I lost because of that.

"Are you ok?" his concerned voice gets nearer. I hold in my tears from dropping. Why me? Why should this happen to me? This is the question I've been asking for seven years now. A pair of warm and soft hand grips my arms and holds me. I swallow the pit gathered in my throat,

"You know, don't you?" a photo barely shows someone knows about a fact, yet why choosing from all the photos out there, the one that was destroyed? It shows it wasn't destroyed yet completely or he has good people taking out the entire thing they could.

When he doesn't answer, I turn around and face him while the polls of tears are gathered in my eyes. "You know about this," I whisper,

Besides all the prey, he nods and my world crashes. Now everything is destroyed; every thought of him being my prince, every single day I looked forward to being with him. I can't hold myself anymore, so I give up. Andrew gets me before I can hit the ground; he gently helps me to sit, while the shaky breath of sobs can be heard from me.

"How long?" I manage to speak beside the pain in my heart.

"Just yesterday," he replies before he sits on his knees before me and putting his hands on my knees.

The tears roll down one after another. So that was why he was so cold to me yesterday. He doesn't want me anymore. I let out a loud sob and cry my heart out. This shouldn't be happening, at least not now. Not to me. What have I done to deserve this?

"Shh, don't cry, please," Andrew tries helplessly to calm me down, but I'm far from being calmed down.

I always knew that someday when everything is great and ready for you to just embrace them, every hope you built would crash down and you will be left alone. After some minutes, I calm down. At least there is no tear to spill now. Andrew hands me a glass of water, and I bottle it up swiftly.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asks me and look at him like he's insane. Why would I want to talk about this to him? "You don't have to if you don't want to..."

"I want to," Only then I feel like I want to tell him everything.

"Ok." He smiles weakly at me before getting up and sitting on the chair in front of me.