Chapter Twelve

This looks harder than it sounds. I realize then that I can't stay here for another second so I decided to have a run and brush out this. Wearing my running shoes and a skinny jeans and a plain jewel neckline sharp bite top with long sleeves, I jump out of the building and take off running to the Kenneth Hahn Park, although it's way too far, but I've got money and my clothes are decent enough to go to a fast food and eat something for lunch and who knows, perhaps dinner.

After about an hour or so walking to my destination, I get to the Park and start to walk aimlessly until I reach the lake, this is the peace I'm looking for.

This is where I should decide. I shut my eyes and forget about my surroundings as I just listen to the sound of birds singing. What am I going to do?

Andrew Martinez, a billionaire who seems just the right person for being my prince turned out to be the one who wants me for sex. He's been well known all his life, I accept the billionaire life got him to be a playboy, but even a playboy falls in love. Even a playboy gets married.

All of a sudden, I remember my past, things happened before. How I was brought to my knees and how I'm standing here now, like nothing happened.

Every single day was a torture for me. Frankly, without my friends, I wouldn't be standing here now. After years of avoiding men, I opened up to a person and he turned out to be the wrong one. Or is he?

I'm standing here for like two good hours when a male's voice snaps me out of my thought,

"What a pleasure to meet you here," At first the voice is completely unknown, but when the face comes to view I see Craig is standing next to me,

"Hey, how are you doing?" I smile,

"Now that I see you, I feel indeed great," He grins in a silly way.

When I look at him, I say to myself why can't I feel something for someone real? Someone less demanding, a person who accepts me as the way I am. Conceivably, it's because I've never given them a chance or even myself to fall in love.

His smile vanishes as he looks at me, "You seem distressed. Wanna talk about it?"

"Can we walk?" he nods as he poses for me to walk first.

We walk a little, but he is the first one to break the silence,

"Laura, I know that I shouldn't ask you, but umm... Does this have anything with that billionaire?"

Swirling my head, I look at him shocked. How does he know it?

"How-"

"I saw you, getting into his car the day we had coffee," he answers me.

I sigh tightly as I shove my fingers into my hair,

"Should all the relationship be so confusing?" I ask out of nowhere.

"I don't know. You know it's really awkward for me to answer your question because I kind of like you, and advising about your relationship with someone else is not something I can do," the confession gets to me. He likes me. Why the hell, just why the hell can't I feel the same way?

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you..."

"It's okay, but I'm going to tell you what every guy usually tells their crush, I know you are happy with him and I totally respect that, but I'm always here if you need me," he chuckles and I chuckle too.

The rest of our talk is about how some employee and co-workers embarrassed themselves and some gossips at the end. By the time we are almost done and walk the whole park more than twice, he asks me to join him for lunch and I accept, but I insist on paying, however, he says if I don't stop insisting he's gonna let me by myself so I can have lunch alone. A total thread if you ask me.