Chapter Twenty Three

Just when I open the door, Scott is standing on the doorsteps with his hands behind his back like a bodyguard. I take a few steps down when I realize he is following me.

"It's fine, I can get in the car myself," I don't mean to be rude, but I think my range gets over my speaking and almost makes the sentence rude. Fortunately, he takes the cue and stands in his first position with a nod.

I step down the other remaining steps. When I get in the car, I feel somehow awkward. I don't know what Scott is thinking about me by now, perhaps some unsteady partners Andrew has. Does he even know about my contract with Andrew? Why do I care anyway?

After some minutes, Andrew emerges out of the mansion in a gray shirt and black pants, knowing him, well, it's his usual to show off his great abs even through the tiny piece of clothes. He talks to Scott a few words before glancing to the car, mostly at me. But knowing the windows are tinted, I don't think he can see me. After some nodding heads, Andrew walks down the steps and toward the car. As I think he's about to open the back door and slide in, he goes around the hood and to the driver side. Is he going to drive? Oh no, that's the hell out of it. That means he has free will to talk to me the entire ride back to LA. Hell, I don't think I can bear that.

I'm literary about to open the door and rum back to the mansion when he turns in his seat to the back seats and looks at me with his eyebrow raised.

"Aren't you going to come here?" he asks me, pointing to the seat beside him. I don't know how he can manage this attitude after he practically cheated on me with his ex. I don't know if the act of cheating even is considered in our contract.

Without saying a word, I get out of the car and take my seat on the passenger seat, not like I actually have a choice here. I know Andrew and his way. He turns the engine on and it roars to life, not long after we are heading straight to the CA-1 S.

I'm facing the window and pretend I'm watching the sea while I know the hot gaze behind my head. I can feel him looking at me once in a while, but he doesn't say a thing. The silence is creepy and awkward. I turn the music on and the sweet sound of melody fills the air, at least it's better than listening to his breathing.

A few seconds after, I hear the music getting lower and lower. I glance at Andrew, whose hand is on the pitch and is turning the music off,

"Um, would you like me to stop and grab a dinner?"

"No, I'm fine, but you can eat, clearly you have missed your dinner with your beautiful girlfriend," I shoot back, now that I'm thinking about, all he said back at the ball was probably because of her. He was looking at my way, surely, but who's to say he wasn't looking at behind me, at her. I refuse to believe any of his acts were real even buying me that set.

"Laura," the tone of his voice is horribly dangerous. He inhales and shakes his head, frustrated. "Do you want to know the truth?"

The thing is I do, but I guess I'm proud to admit it to him. Maybe, I have been expecting him to explain himself, instead of the silence he gave me. But does it really going to change it if I let him explain himself to me? Surely few words will be exchanged and then nothing. I get back to the first square and the depression gets over me. Do I really want to know the reason he danced with her? Do I really want to know why he cheated on me?

"Fine, keep this silent treatment, I deserve it," he sighs.

Calling this a gut feeling, but I feel sorry for him, not because I'm not answering him and making him miserable, but because he doesn't know how to confront with it. He knows everything but somehow he decides the silent answer for every question hanging between us. Not knowing how to do commitments, maybe a good reason for him to not to explain it, but as a partner in a relationship, if you could call it one, he must have some explanation to me