Chapter Twenty Seven

Another day of work begins as I walk in my department and walk to my office, expecting Julia to be there before me. She stands as she sees me walk toward her.

"Good morning, Laura, your new documents are on your desk, also, you have a meeting with a family due to your projects you accepted. And," she flips through her notes as she utters swiftly without even letting me talk or even respond.

"Julia, Julia," I try hopelessly to catch her attention as she drops her head in her notes while frowning, "you don't need to act professionally with me, I'm not some horrible bosses trying to get hold of my co-workers and assistants, I like you to be yourself,"

Her deep frown decreases and she looks more relaxed, "I'm sorry, Laura,"

"You have nothing to be sorry for, you are doing very well, and honestly, I have no idea how to survive here. But I'm glad I have you on my side." I am, seriously. In the whole department, she is the only one who actually speaks to me and considers me as a real person. "Let's get to work," with a smile on my face I enter my office. The same white and steel color with ironic windows.

For the thousand times, I ask myself, how did I end up here? Had it been two years ago, telling me I would get this amazing job, I would have say- get out. My dream job. Still, as unbelievable and far fetch as it is. The second day and still I can't believe I'm here. My conferences are going well and mostly my co-workers like me, if not for what's under my dress and not for the status I have in the department.

"Alright, let's do this," I say to myself, giving power up for what's on today. The project before me is a new one, beside the last two I received from my co-workers. This one is the master bedroom; the description says the couple looks for romantic and light colored items. Typical, you may say, but when it comes down to coloring, the light colors can mean several things coming out into life, giving a new perspective. I may have to schedule an appointment with this couple.

A knock on the door brings me back to the entity after sitting two or three hours sitting behind my desk, typing furiously on the computer and making measurements. I straight my back and let my sore tender neck rest.

"Come in," looking at the watch on my desk, I realize not only I had my body in affliction; I had long lost the time. It hasn't been just a two or three hours, it's been a four and half hour.

Julia appears on the other side of the door, holding the door as she plucks her head out so I can see her,

"Are you not going to have lunch, Laura?"

"Ah, I should have but I lost the time, anyways, I don't think I can manage to go out now, thanks for asking, though,"

"Do you want me to grab a coffee from the café?" she asks.

"Yes, that would be very considerate of you, thank you so much for asking."

"You're welcome," she replies with a smile before disappearing.

Reaching my temple, I gently massage. This job is getting so worked out, even though it's been just two days I'm here. I'm not usually the person who skips the lunch, I would do that with dinner, but lunch has a great place in my meal. This job, though, had a way through my routines. The coffee comes soon and yet again, everything gets back to its routine. Me working and others outside of that door, doing god knows what.

After another hour passing, an idea comes to my mind. As bold and out of mind it sounds, it may be a good plan. I have absolutely no idea how this insane idea came to me, blame it on, how much my body has been craving. Or how much I have missed those obsessive, dark obscure eyes.