Chapter Twenty Four

Am I happy with Andrew? This is the question that's been bothering me from the moment I enter the elevator and leave Craig behind until now that I'm getting closer to my apartment. The ding coming out of my phone notifies me of the new message from Alice. Thinking of Alice and Ella waiting for an explanation exhausts me. Think of it, the whole day was exhausting enough. I can't seem to find a word for it to explain. The whole 'the girlfriend of the year' makes people turn to my direction, even those who hasn't met me before. Everything comes down the minutes you think you have just everything you wish for. The good thing is out of all of this mess, the company which contacted me for the job hasn't affected with this girlfriend thing. The moment everyone saw my picture hanging off of Andrew's shoulder, they have all become my best friend.

The bus stops at my station and I jump out of it. The street is partly busy as always. I make my way to my apartment entrance. The moment I put my foot in the lobby, I get unwanted attention from everyone, even the securities. Standing before the elevator, I can still feel the hot gazes of men and the glares of women. What have I done?

I knew somehow, someway, people will understand about my relationship, or better say Andrew's relationship with me. People nowadays like to know who's married, or who is with whom. That is why news about the most successful billionaire of the town, is trendy and everyone goes 'no' and 'wow'.

I've never really understood people's desires about knowing other people's life. You may think that knowing about your favorite celebrity's life is not considered violating their privacy, but let's think of as their aspect. That is why I feel like the attention zone is on me. Before it, maybe they wouldn't even pay attention to which I am, but now, I look like a freaking news-walker.

The moment I make sure I'm safe and sound in my apartment, I let out a sigh. What a day it was. Dropping my stuff on the sofa lazily, I get myself a coffee and sit on the couch. Once in a while, I glance toward my bag where my phone is in it. Should I have a look? Should I see what the gossips are saying about me? But no, that only makes me feel worse. What is good to know how much lies are beneath them?

After the fight inside me, I finally let it go and reach for my phone. Just with a click the name of Andrew and I appears on the screen. Our name is in the headline now. Damn you Andrew with your popularity.

Clicking on the first web, the 'hollywoodlife.com' opens with my picture and that ball gown for me displayed. So many headlines pop with different subjects.

'Does Andrew Martinez feel anything for Laura Brown?'

'Andrew Martinez finally is getting settled down with an unknown girl?'

'New rumors have it Andrew Martinez is about to get married to Laura Brown works as an assistant, some say this was a one night.'

'Wedding just because of the girl is pregnant, the best story of the year,'

'The CEO of ACM is in danger of getting robbed with this unknown girl seen in the Roswell Gala.'

It does take me long to practically throw the phone on the sofa. I lean on my hands and put my head in my palms. What are they talking about? Why hasn't Andrew made a move to stop them? Now I get it why there were mocking glances out of disgust. They think of me as a whore, a one night stand, a girl who is after Andrew's money. Who do they think they are? Who do they think I am?

With shaky hands, I get hold of the phone and dial Andrew's. But he never answers. The phone rings and rings but there is no answer for me. Slowly, I'm getting this fear about him leaving me after all these lies and rumors. Does he believe in them? Does he think that I'm really after his money?