Chapter Twenty Two

As Andrew is talking animated with the man next to him, the blonde with dark shades of mascara and eye shadows comes to my view. She's wearing a golden cocktail dress with a deep V-neck that shows off her boobs perfectly. Although, her dress isn't as matched as other women but her beauty is enough to catch men's eyes. Now I can see why Andrew was dating her.

She keeps staring holes at me, but I try to distract myself tuning in the conversation Andrew is having. That doesn't stop her, though. That is until someone decides to have a word with her. She turns sweetly to the woman standing next to her. She is a real player. The way she turns her dark face to the sweet and gentle is amazing.

As Andrew's conversation gets down, he becomes aware there's someone next to him. He turns to me with his smile and I really want to wipe it off of his face. What am I to him? His doll?

Now I can see, the show he pulled up outside all about 'I may marry her, and I kiss her,' was a lie. I wonder if he said that because he knows his ex would be here. You know that old game exes play. Why not playing with someone naïve as me to get his ex back?

"Wanna go around?" he puts his hand on my skirt.

"I don't know, don't you want to talk to someone else? I mean, if you have all of these companies why bringing me with you? Surely, you would like some company other than your ex?" I sulk.

His face gets furrowed. He takes the wine glass before him on the table and takes a sip of the red wine.

"I don't know what you are talking about, I am the CEO of this company, what should I do other than talking to my business partners? Anyway, I have a speech in short time, and I thought it would be great for us to have a walk in the garden but as I see, you would rather spend it with your sulking all the time." He gets up and leaves me.

This is beyond manor. Surely, he's the CEO but couldn't he really pay attention to his surroundings. Maybe it's the fact that we are in the same room with his ex that eats me. But I shouldn't let it affect me. Ok, I'm just taking this over the top, the anger of confronting his past lover has me mad.

In the corner of my eye, I can see her. Andrew, on the other hand, is standing a few feet away from the table, his back to both of us, so I don't think he has seen her yet, if not knowing she's already here.

A man gets to the stage and checks the microphone. Andrew gets back to his seat, but he ignores me nonetheless.

"If you could all please have your seat. Thank you," the man before the microphone asks. As everyone sits down, the ballroom gets clear. I can see some cameras at the ends of the hall. So this must be a very important ceremony.

"Welcome to our first cooperation ball. This year brought and still will bring a lot of success to each of our companies. But today, we are celebrating one of the biggest cooperation for the Roswell Company. Well, I'm not going to say it is the same for ACM since we all know Mr. Martinez," the crowd bursts of laughter as some of the heads turns to us, well mostly him. Andrew nods at the man before the microphone.

"I'm not going to make you wait any longer. So please give it up for one of the most successful and richest men whom we have the honor of hosting him and his beautiful lady, ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Andrew Martinez," the man practically shouts. The crowd starts applauding while all the heads are in our direction. I get a little awkward with all the eyes on me. It feels like a thousand flashlights are getting into your head with their stares.

Andrew gets up and adjusts his jacket suit before walking toward the lectern. Once on the stage, he shakes hands with the man who switched his spot with Andrew.

"Thank you," he shoots everyone his killer smile, and I want to scream out loud. "This is my honor as well to be a cooperator for this great company. As I have already said I can see a bright future for this project. The deal on this product is highly guaranteed. To start with, the machines bought from the newly opened factory in is perfectly designed with the help of our friends in Germany.