Chapter Twenty Six

The first day of work isn't that bad that I thought- except I think there is less time for myself and more work to do. But I like it none the less. I like designing and creating new things. Back in college, I would study hard and do my projects very well that even my professor was impressed but back in real life, I get to this point where you can't decide on anything without vision. I got this, the moment I received the papers Julia told me about and when I just start reading it, I realize I have no idea how to really design an apartment.

Well, at least, the good thing is that now, the clock hits twelve and it's time for lunch. And the bad thing is I have no one for joining me for lunch. I mean I can surely pretend to be busy and care less about my being alone and do stuff with my phone, but I miss my friends back in OPC and even those two loud noisy idiot friends of mine.

Just when I step into the elevator, my phone goes off. While I dig in for fishing it out of my big bag where you and a whole town will probably get lost, I face with groans and huffs of people behind me. Even I can feel their gaze upon me, the intense venom in their eyes. What is their deal? If they hate their jobs so much, why do they keep coming back to it?

"Hello?" I answer without having time to see the ID.

"I see you had a busy day, princess." The raspy voice says.

"Don't call me that! Why do you care anyways?" The elevator comes to a stop in the lobby and everyone gets out hurriedly as if the elevator is on fire.

"Aw, now we both know where you will end up with that smart mouth of yours." He coos me.

"Andrew, I don't have time for this stuff. Unlike you, some of us have to work." Wow, even I can't believe I just said that words. I sound like a professional businesswoman.

"And have lunch with their girl." He completes me.

Just when I get out of the lobby's door, I see the familiar black car parking outside. The windows are tinted as always but it doesn't take a genius to know who's inside.

"Come on get in, Miss Brown. I'm going to feed you." Andrew's voice from the other end of the line makes me walking toward the car automatically. My each step is determined and centered toward the car, toward him, as if my body can feel his presence even from here. That is how addictive I have become of him.

Opening the door, I slide in with ease.

"I see work has done a lot to you, you seem twenty years older." Andrew teases when he has a look at my nest-bird of a hair.

"And I see boredom had a hit on you too, you look like my grandma before she joined the Bingo club." His eyes turn dark all of a sudden. That's when I notice the barrier between Scott and us is already put. That doesn't look good.

I didn't think he would do that, and a part of me hoped that with my words before Scott, Andrew could have at least had some self-respect for himself. And then in between, I could be safe! But I guess I'm wrong like always.

"Laura," his raspy deep voice pulls me to his body and the next second, I'm straddling his laps, confidently and artistically. His arms are around me secure since I don't have the belt on. His moist and soft lips attack mine and he starts kissing me hungrily. I kiss him back, as energetically as him.

Until now, I haven't realized how much I have missed him. Although, it's been just a few hours, my body is yearning for him, just like a patient seeking for her medicine to get this pain relieved and healed. His hand travels up my body and caress my hip very slowly.

I break the kiss to look at his eyes, to see if this dream is true. Those deep icy eyes with a bolt of light, is my power, my weakness. And then I see it, I feel it in me. With each day passing, it gets stronger, even stronger that I would think of it. While Andrew is neck with me and is kissing me in the crook of my neck, I look at the bright side, the side where I imagine Andrew is having a change of heart. The day when he looks at me with love in his eyes, not lust. When it's not just me who is pouring her heart out.