Chapter Nine

This chapter has mature scenes, if you don't like don't read the between lines, that is marked.

"That's my girl. But be careful,"

"Thanks for your advice. I needed that." We give each other a bear hug and I ran out of her house.

Hailing a taxi as fast I can, I dial his number. I never thought I would need his number. Andrew answers by the third ring.

"Laura, are you okay?" Again he sounds so worried. I guess he didn't expect my call, or maybe it's because of my situation yesterday.

"I'm fine, Andrew. Are you home?"

"Yes, you sure you're fine?" Couldn't be better.

"Yes," I inhale and prepare myself, "Can I see you if you don't mind?"

"Of course not, are you coming now?" He says delightedly and happily. Clearly, he wanted to see me too. So do I.

"Yes. I think I'll be there in thirty minutes."

"Good, I'm waiting for you" waiting for me? Is this a good sign? I hope so.

Not so far, I find myself standing in front of his skyscraper penthouse lobby door. I let the power run itself because I know what I want. What I want is now up there, waiting for me. I take a steady breath and take my absolute wrong steps toward the doors. The doorman instantly opens the door for me and greeted me.

I'm heading to the elevators that the other security guy reaches me and stops me. At first, I thought my entrance in is forbidden, but I'm stopped to be welcomed. He passes me a paper written the password for the elevator penthouse service. The man nods at me and then leaves me in the middle of the lobby with the password in my hand. Doubt stills me in my place, makes me choose. Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath, and then continue with my trip up because tonight I'm going to take the benefit of doubts.

I press the password once I'm in the elevator and it starts to move. On the way up, the hot condition of my temperature and elevators air suffocates me. I am almost in the middle of my way to my misery when I reach to the bottoms. The tip of my finger brush over the stop but doesn't dare to press it. My body is completely synced with whatever is going to happen, seems like every bit of me takes me to him.

The car pings and slides open. I crush myself to the front door. I knock slowly and softly. The door opens, and I find him standing there in the frame with a gray shirt and pants on. Just the look of him distracts me. He opens the door more, giving me space to enter. I step once again to the museum or gallery or living room as he calls it. It's still like as I left. Of course, it is, fool. What am I saying?

I don't need to turn around making sure he's behind me because he is, his stare is heavy so I can feel it. I step into the apartment more, approaching to the sofa last time I put my thing, I take more look around. This place is so big that you can have a big ceremony by inviting half of people of L.A. I drop my thing on the sofa.

I turn to face him. Andrew is standing ten feet or so behind me. I can't control my breathing rhythm. He takes more steps to me and my heart beats faster. I am almost panting, pleasure, as he says, runs over me. He stops at my four or five steps away. He is confused, mostly by my arrival here, I think. All I'm just wishing for is that it doesn't be late.

"Why are you here, Laura?" Looking straight into my eyes, his voice sends a sweet shiver through me that I can even feel it down there. My body starts to respond, it tugs me forward, to him.

"You,"

"Are you willing to..." his words fail. They are full of hopes. Hops for being with me. Hopes for its answer. I nod at him. Everything is still; none of us move a muscle.