reunion

LEO=== ==== ==== ====30/05/2002 - 12amPhoenix, ArizonaRedhawk Base==== ==== ==== ====

LEO
=== ==== ==== ====
30/05/2002 - 12am
Phoenix, Arizona
Redhawk Base
==== ==== ==== ====

I thought the worst day of my career was when Carlos got his head blown out. But apparently, this day takes the fucking cake.

"Is this some sort of shit joke? Nova fucking Shields?"

Commander North is glaring at me with a pissed off expression; although my eyes are elsewhere.

My eyes are fixated on the picture of the obnoxious woman that rests on the desk in front of me. Long dark hair, intense green eyes, a few small scars speckled around her face. 5'6 on the height chart.

She obviously wanted to kill the photographer when this was taken by the murderous look on her face; a similar way she looked at me back in '99.

"Nova Shields is replacing Richards?" I snicker in utter disbelief, leaning right back into my chair.

"She's a very skilled special op. Still not to be taken lightly, Leo. She won't have the time for your bullshit."

"Seriously? Of all of our fucking officers, you picked that arrogant bitch? Why am I only just finding out about this now?"

North glances down at his watch and rolls his eyes. "Because I knew you'd have some fuckery to say about it as soon as I told you. I'm warning you Leo, none of your idiot behaviour anymore. I don't give a flying fuck 'bout if you flounce around the fields together and make daisy chains; or if you want to wring your hands around each others necks yet again. Your relationship will not jeopardise the missions you face in any goddamn way." He hisses with a warning glare.

"I'd like to see her attempt to wring her hands around my neck." I chuckle under my breath, shaking my head in disbelief over the situation.

North definitely isn't amused as he pinches the space between his eyebrows and shakes his own head like he's at his final straw.

"Just shut your goddamn mouth for five minutes, Hendrix. Best behaviour, that's all I'll be fucking asking. I'm commanding a group of special ops, not a high school."

I raise a hand in defence, biting my lips together. "When is she getting here?" I ask, tossing her picture back onto the desk with a scowl.

"Today, sometime in the next hour, I'm waiting for intel from the pilot." He mutters, his mind clearly on a more important issue.

What the fuck?

"She's fucking arriving today? You seriously thought telling me I'm getting a new goddamn partner on the day that she's arriving was a good idea? Let alone when it's her?" I question in complete scepticism.

"I already explained why, Hendrix! Look how you're already acting and she isn't even here yet! I knew you'd have some sort of damn protest." He hisses at me. He still looks stressed out of his goddamn mind, although his subsiding bulging vein tells me he's calming down.